HOW to transfer content from OLD phone (screen BLACK/phone works) to NEW phone

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I have 4 options at this point:

1. TRY and install the HTC TRANSFER TOOL (Will be VERY DIFFICULT as the screen is just nearly impossible to see) (I can only see around 1/8th of an inch (even less at times) as a time which even then is SOOO hard to make out). But that will be a waste of time if it needs a sim card

2. Take it to wirelesswave who said they have a machine (but not if they need it ROOTED which they never mentioned to me)

3. Buy a REPLACEMENT screen and replace it myself. But no guarantee that will work, and if it DOES work then I could see screen to install the HTC TRANSFER TOOL (but then again if it requires a sim, then that is useless).

4. Buy that Cable to plug to the tv to view the screen blindly on the cell and see on tv?? (WHERE would I find this cable? Radio shack? (The Source)? Wirelesswave?

1. That's up to you, just connect the phone to wifi so you can access the internet.

2. If they can transfer everything for you that you need, go for it. This shouldn't require root. Remember, we pulled off the SD card so you don't need them to do that.

3. I've done these. They're not too bad if you are at all mechanically inclined. Watch YouTube videos of the installation and see if you want to do that. The upshot here is you'll be able to sell the phone to recoup costs.

4. If you buy one, get it from Monoprice.com. They're extremely cheap. If you don't need the info with any urgency, I'd do this.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

Paul Lodge

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Turns out it's 11 pin.. I love how they state that it works on ALL PHONES yet never heard of 5 pin phones..

I emailed EveryDaySource to see why they only charge $5.33us when viewing their site thru a CELL PHONE, and charge $13.17us when viewing from a PC for the same product.

Paul Lodge

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
It's too bad they don't just make a USB to HDMI connector since it seems that is all that is needed.. You have the micro 5-pin cord already (the cord you charge with), so really a USB to HDMI would be all that is needed I would think..

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It's too bad they don't just make a USB to HDMI connector since it seems that is all that is needed.. You have the micro 5-pin cord already (the cord you charge with), so really a USB to HDMI would be all that is needed I would think..

Agreed. The good news is you can use any HDMI cable you already own.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca