Okay, well I just got a new phone(Optimus l9) and when I add words to the dictionary such as like "Mhm" or "Idk" it will still auto correct Mhm to Hmm, and Idk to Irk even when I added them.. Am I not adding them correctly or what? Like, it shows its in there but when using mhm or idk, it still gets auto corrected.
    09-02-2013 01:45 PM
    It's probably defaulting to what it thinks is the most used word somehow. Maybe try a different keyboard from Google Play. I use Swiftkey on every device I own and it has no problem figuring out what I'm trying to say, even with my added words.
    09-02-2013 03:52 PM
    Okay, well I just got a new phone(Optimus l9) and when I add words to the dictionary such as like "Mhm" or "Idk" it will still auto correct Mhm to Hmm, and Idk to Irk even when I added them.. Am I not adding them correctly or what? Like, it shows its in there but when using mhm or idk, it still gets auto corrected.
    You can probably add your word by tapping on it among the suggestions. Tap again to confirm.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    09-02-2013 04:36 PM
    Thats the only way I know how to add words.. Thats how I do it.. It adds them.. because the next time I tap them, it doesnt ask to confirm, but it still auto corrects to other words.. Like just now.. im using the Kik app, and I said kik, and i corrected to Kim.. so I added kik to the dictionary, and when I type kik, it still goes to kim
    09-02-2013 07:07 PM
    Thats the only way I know how to add words.. Thats how I do it.. It adds them.. because the next time I tap them, it doesnt ask to confirm, but it still auto corrects to other words.. Like just now.. im using the Kik app, and I said kik, and i corrected to Kim.. so I added kik to the dictionary, and when I type kik, it still goes to kim
    It may be a learning curve for the OS too.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    09-02-2013 07:26 PM
    Learning curve as in what? Is there ways to remove words from the dictionary?
    09-03-2013 05:17 PM
    Learning curve as in what? Is there ways to remove words from the dictionary?
    The os does figure out what word you mean and prompts that one.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    09-03-2013 07:45 PM
    I got swift key, and problem fixed! :P Thanks for the help
    09-07-2013 02:07 PM
    You either switch auto correct off or add these words to your dictionary. For example idk I had to type with predictive off. Now I add to my dictionary.
    From the keyboard I select and long press the microphone slash keyboard settings. Select settings icon. Select word predictive, being mindful not to switch it off. From the predictive options screen I scroll down to my word list, and hit the plus sign, then type in my word, then done. Back arrow to your message and voila! Idk lmao yolo!

Posted via Android Central App
    10-19-2013 02:36 AM