Hi just new to android ( i have a LG E430) before that I had a Nokia C3-01. My question is this: how can i change the default view of my text messages? i hate this " conversation" ( I think its called that!) view where a little bit of the text comes up in a sort of cartoon type bubble & then the next bit comes up in another bubble! I much prefer the simple way in which all the mobile phones Ive had for the last 20 years have shown texts!
    surely with the computing power of these phones its easy enough to change to the normal view?
    thanks
    09-02-2013 03:07 PM
    Hi just new to android ( i have a LG E430) before that I had a Nokia C3-01. My question is this: how can i change the default view of my text messages? i hate this " conversation" ( I think its called that!) view where a little bit of the text comes up in a sort of cartoon type bubble & then the next bit comes up in another bubble! I much prefer the simple way in which all the mobile phones Ive had for the last 20 years have shown texts!
    surely with the computing power of these phones its easy enough to change to the normal view?
    thanks
    Welcome to the AC forums! While I don't own an E430, I do have some advice. Go into your messaging app and see if there's a setting for it. If there's not, there are third party apps you can download from Google Play that will enable you to have any view you wish. Check some out and let us know what works best.
    09-02-2013 03:29 PM
    thanks for the advice! Ive been told however if I do that I will be blasted with ads all the time I try to read my texts! All Id like is to be able to read my texts in "folder" type of display like ive done on the last 12 phones Ive owned over 20 years! Hard to believe such a simple request is so difficult to achieve with these modern high powered smartphones!
    09-02-2013 03:51 PM
    Yes, the messaging app should have alternate ways to view sms conversations. It might not be able to sort in folders like you want, which might otherwise be available in a third-party application.

If you use any of the reputable third-party sms apps you'll be ok. I understand your concern with message privacy and advertising.
    Scott Kenyon likes this.
    09-03-2013 10:40 AM
    Honestly, I'm not sure what a "folder" structure is when you refer to SMS messages. Apparently don't remember how texts showed up before I got a smartphone...but the bubble conversation view is pretty standard. You could try Go SMS or Handcent to see if they offer what you want. You can definitely change the theme/colors/backgrounds with those, but the bubble type layout is still there.

As far as I know, neither of those "blast you with ads" constantly. Not sure who told you that.
    09-03-2013 11:22 AM
    thanks guys, Ive downloaded an app called pansi which does exactly what I want! texts now look normal again instead of a teen chatroom!
    Scott Kenyon likes this.
    09-03-2013 12:02 PM