My Droid Bionic is nearing its end of life and my contract with VZW ends in mid October. I have the opportunity to get a free brand new Galaxy S3 from a friend (she works for a company that has Samsung as an advertiser) and has had it sitting in a box in her desk for months now and doesn't want it herself. The phone, however, is for Sprint. Is there a way to get it to work on to the Verizon network, or would I be better just selling it on ebay and using the money to buy an unsubsidized VZ phone? Obviously this is all geared to hopefully keeping my VZ unlimited data plan with a new phone.
    09-02-2013 10:49 PM
    My Droid Bionic is nearing its end of life and my contract with VZW ends in mid October. I have the opportunity to get a free brand new Galaxy S3 from a friend (she works for a company that has Samsung as an advertiser) and has had it sitting in a box in her desk for months now and doesn't want it herself. The phone, however, is for Sprint. Is there a way to get it to work on to the Verizon network, or would I be better just selling it on ebay and using the money to buy an unsubsidized VZ phone? Obviously this is all geared to hopefully keeping my VZ unlimited data plan with a new phone.
    They are both CDMA, you would just have to call Sprint and ask them to unlock it and then call Verizon for them to activate it. There may be a lot more to it than that. I would call verizon first to make sure there are no hiccups.
    09-02-2013 11:01 PM
    You can flash it to page plus, which is a Verizon mvno. But you're data would be crap, as sprint and Verizon only share one data band.

Not to mention page plus us ridiculously expensive for their data plans. 50$ for 100mb is their largest plan.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    09-03-2013 09:59 AM