Samsung Galaxy Wonder i8150 - Battery problem and power off

volpesfuggente

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi to all!
From the last week I have some problems with my Galaxy Wonder.
It suddenly power off during the normal use, e.g. internet navigation, and normal apps usage. If I try to switch on the device, It seems that its battery is discharged, but if I wait some minutes, the device will power on and the battery will slowly increase its charge.
I think that the device performs a bad elaboration of the remaining charge and any intensive usage of the device will bring to this situation, but I am not sure...
I have tryed several custom rom (cyanogenmod 9, 10.1 and 10.2) and I have also tryed to recalibrate the battery with a (free) app from the play store, but the problem is still there!

Maybe the problem is due from other reasons...

Any suggestions?

Screenshot_2013-09-03-17-17-28.png

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I suspect a bad battery - you can test for a bad battery by removing it and spinning it on a flat surface. If the battery spins for a few seconds then it its bulging and needs to be replaced. Since you already tried fixing the battery on the software side you should consider a battery replacement next. This should fix the problem for you.

volpesfuggente

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your advice! It seems to be exactly that problem. The battery spins for a lot of time on the table... I have tryed also with another battery (of my galaxy nexus) and it stops soon. I will buy a new battery and I will tell you if I resolve my problem!
Thanks again!

amaro

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for uping this thread, but I too have the same problem, not only that, I have replaced the battery 3 times and the problem goes on. The phone also charges the battery super fast, and it lasts about an hour before turning off all of a sudden. My two last batteries have become bulged.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how this may be solved? Should I try a custom rom?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How do the battery contacts look? Make sure they're nice and clean.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds more like the batteries are being overcharged, and that would be a problem with the phone's charging circuit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03