How to go back from Hangouts to Talk ?

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 2, Sony Xperia Z and Samsung Galaxy S.

I want to go back to Talk from Hangouts on the Note 2 and Hangouts. I had noticed that there was an option to uninstall Hangouts in Google Play sometime back, but now, today, September 2, I can no longer find that option. I also tried to go into Application Manager and uninstall it from there. It's not there.

Please advice/guide me to get back G Talk.

Thanks.

wolverine2003

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a Note 2, Sony Xperia Z and Samsung Galaxy S.

I want to go back to Talk from Hangouts on the Note 2 and Hangouts. I had noticed that there was an option to uninstall Hangouts in Google Play sometime back, but now, today, September 2, I can no longer find that option. I also tried to go into Application Manager and uninstall it from there. It's not there.

Please advice/guide me to get back G Talk.

Thanks.

Find "Hangouts" in the Application Manager. Uninstall Updates. When they initially released Hangouts, that's how I was able to get back to Talk. I'm not sure if they changed anything in later updates to prevent this though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I still have the Uninstall Updates option under Hangouts, but not sure if that reverts it to Google Talk. Any particular reason why you don't like Hangouts?

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I still have the Uninstall Updates option under Hangouts, but not sure if that reverts it to Google Talk. Any particular reason why you don't like Hangouts?
Thank You for answring. Here, I am used talking to people and friends in g talk, (voice calls or video, and I havnt yet installed any voice and video calling app, again as the mass of 10-11 people I talk to use g talk mostly) and now I am unable to do that.

Any other way ?

Android Central App....Rocks:cool:!!

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Find "Hangouts" in the Application Manager. Uninstall Updates. When they initially released Hangouts, that's how I was able to get back to Talk. I'm not sure if they changed anything in later updates to prevent this though.
okay. I'll try this way as well. Buy how do uninstall the updates on my Xperia Z ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank You for answring. Here, I am used talking to people and friends in g talk, (voice calls or video, and I havnt yet installed any voice and video calling app, again as the mass of 10-11 people I talk to use g talk mostly) and now I am unable to do that.

Sorry, I don't quite understand. Are you saying that you're used to having video chats with your friends on Google Talk, and now you can't because you have Hangouts now and your other friends are still using Google Talk? If that's the case, why not get your friends to update Google Talk to Hangouts? Do they have that ability where they live?

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I don't quite understand. Are you saying that you're used to having video chats with your friends on Google Talk, and now you can't because you have Hangouts now and your other friends are still using Google Talk? If that's the case, why not get your friends to update Google Talk to Hangouts? Do they have that ability where they live?
Yes they do...
But a few are too satisfied with the Talk visibility thing. Right now, it's such that when two people are online (one being me), I am seen online, but they can't get the voice or video call working for me. And I also cannot seem to find a way to do it either....

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Wish I could help you more. Just keep bugging your friends to update to Hangouts!

Factory reset :) ?
But I have no clue about the precautions or the post reset work. I do not how to do it either.

Is it worth it ? Really.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
To add to the discussion...

I would imagine eventually Talk will become unsupported by Google at some point in the future making it unusable. So probably best to just stick with the current/future of Hangouts.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Paul. There may be a point when you can't even consider uninstalling Hangout updates to revert back to Talk.