dented speaker grill

Cocki

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
good morning,
i recently dented my speaker grill on my galaxy s4 and i don't know who i did it! i was wondering if anyone else has acceDENTly done that to their phone and been able to fix it?
IMG_7341.jpg

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
good morning,
i recently dented my speaker grill on my galaxy s4 and i don't know who i did it! i was wondering if anyone else has acceDENTly done that to their phone and been able to fix it?

In case no one has said so, Welcome to the forums!
From the looks of your picture, there wouldn't be an easy way to remove the grille itself. You would have to at least remove the back plate, and most of the time they are glued on.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Golfdriver. You'll need to remove the back plate to access the speaker grill. Honestly, it may be more work to try and fix it and you could possible cause more damage to other parts while attempting the repair. Can you even see the speaker grill with the batter cover installed?

Cocki

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I agree with Golfdriver. You'll need to remove the back plate to access the speaker grill. Honestly, it may be more work to try and fix it and you could possible cause more damage to other parts while attempting the repair. Can you even see the speaker grill with the batter cover installed?

Well I guess the good news is verizion had to replace my phone because it died do to some kind of software related malfunction. But the dented grill was causeing the sound to be distorted. I was able to remove the part where the speaker is held. But its glued into place and thats as far as I was willing to go because I didnt want to damage the componant.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc