Hello!

This past weekend I got a Nexus 7, connected it to my gmail account, and everything synced over (apps, contacts, pics, etc). It was as if I was using my EXACT phone, but on a tablet. Even the wallpaper and password synced

My Nexus 4 replacement came, so I did the same thing, but only the contacts and pictures synced over. I called google play cs but they said that it's weird that everything synced over without me doing it individually. For my replacement, I had to go to the google play store and install each app one by one. (PAIN IN THE ****!) Was the Nexus 7 incident a fluke, or are apps/everything that's "backed up" via my gmail account supposed to sync over flawlessly?

Also, my messages weren't synced over as well

Input will be much appreciated!!
    09-06-2013 01:16 AM
    I've had my apps sync with an Android tablet I got last Christmas, the phone I got in May and that same phone when I did a factory reset in July. It sounds like either some weird fluke or that you accidentally hit a wrong button somewhere.

If by "messages" you mean SMS/MMS messages then no, those do not sync automatically. You have to use some sort of other app to do that. I use SMS Backup & Restore. It backs my messages up to Dropbox automatically.
    09-06-2013 08:18 AM
    When you setup the Nexus 4 replacement did you check the backup/restore option? Also, go through the system settings then over to accounts. Look into your Google account attached to the device and make sure whatever you want moved over is checked to sync.
    09-06-2013 09:11 AM