Sky a820 (im-a820l)

sajid93

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
HI

I am a NEWBIE to android and also this site so plz stay calm if i say or ask something stupid.

i just bought a used SKY A820 (IM-A820L). it is running 4.1.2 according to its ABOUT PHONE.
I cant even find its specs on the internet or any user manuals ....;(

i am facing a few problems with it ....
> Time and date resets to Jan 1970 after reboot

> Some apps shut-ed down after displaying error when i opened them. this problem was gone after i did factory reset. but still the language in some places is outlandish... don't know its Korean or Vietnamese or any other.......... :'( (I have selected English language in the settings and even then i am seeing this language)

> Before i did factory reset, i couldn't record videos ... no timer started but after the reset this prob got solved.

I have provided all the details i think.... can someone tell me what to do about this?

Thanks in advance guys:)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
With regard to the time/date issue--if your phone is connected to a cellular phone network, it should automatically get the time/date from there. Go to Settings/Date & Time, and make sure "Automatic date & time" and "Automatic time zone" are checked, or something to that effect.

It's more difficult to comment on your other issues, since they're pretty nonspecific.

sajid93

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
With regard to the time/date issue--if your phone is connected to a cellular phone network, it should automatically get the time/date from there. Go to Settings/Date & Time, and make sure "Automatic date & time" and "Automatic time zone" are checked, or something to that effect.

It's more difficult to comment on your other issues, since they're pretty nonspecific.

Thanks for response

Already did that .... i think i need to some how re-install my OS ( i don't know how to do i:-\). I did some research and found that there are some custom OS for some phones which can solve the language issues. Can someone help me out?

Salman khan123

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
SIR
I found a problem during the using HANGOUT.when i open it a notification became that "Sorry Hangout is unfortunately stop".
i also reset the phone but problem remain same.
if you have any other meesenger like this please suggest me or any messenger from which i sent my message greater than 80 character

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I assume you're the same person who posted originally in this thread, correct? New but similar username.

Have you been having problems with this phone since September? I assume you've already done a full factory reset at least once. If this keeps occurring despite the factory resets, you may just have a bad phone.

sajid93

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I assume you're the same person who posted originally in this thread, correct? New but similar username.

Have you been having problems with this phone since September? I assume you've already done a full factory reset at least once. If this keeps occurring despite the factory resets, you may just have a bad phone.

No this other Sajid is not me....

sajid93

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I have sky a820 and its hang when i start my mobile phone plz any body tell me how this problem solve i really upset.....

Bro my sky A820 has non official softwere i.e Cyanogen mod installed. you should install this ... its much better than the official but still does not solve the text msg limit problem. if you find a solution or a way to reinstall a custom softwere do cantact me plz....
thanks

sajid93

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
SIR
I found a problem during the using HANGOUT.when i open it a notification became that "Sorry Hangout is unfortunately stop".
i also reset the phone but problem remain same.
if you have any other meesenger like this please suggest me or any messenger from which i sent my message greater than 80 character

My sky gives this error when i try to open .gif files... have no solution... if you find a solution, please post here too.
thanks