Okay, so I was curious.. Do the apps that say they help save battery really help? And if so, anyone have a recommended one?
    09-07-2013 02:08 PM
    I tried one. It did nothing for me. That's all I can say; others swear by them.
    09-07-2013 02:27 PM
    Hmm.. did it make it worse? or was it about the same? Cause I have the Optimus L9.. and the battery seemed fine the first day I used it.. but now it just seems like it doesnt last to long.. or maybe im just picky lol.. its got a 2150mAh battery.. so its a decent battery.. how long does the battery I have usually last for my phone? I tried looking it up, but couldn't seem to find a decent answer.
    09-07-2013 05:12 PM
    Hmm.. did it make it worse? or was it about the same? Cause I have the Optimus L9.. and the battery seemed fine the first day I used it.. but now it just seems like it doesnt last to long.. or maybe im just picky lol.. its got a 2150mAh battery.. so its a decent battery.. how long does the battery I have usually last for my phone? I tried looking it up, but couldn't seem to find a decent answer.
    I have tried battery savers too, and at best, they barely work.
    Getting an answer for how long your battery should last is a loaded question, and here is why: You don't use your device the same way as anyone else does. You have different apps, different signal coverage, different usage rates. A user who plays video intense games has a different experience than someone who doesn't.

I would look these tips over: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ving-tips.html
    09-08-2013 11:27 AM
    They can be helpful in automating the process of turning unused radios on and off, but I've found it just as helpful to switch WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS ,etc on/off as needed rather than letting some half baked logic process get in my way.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-08-2013 11:56 AM
    Okay, thanks for the helps guys.. I will just not deal with it.. Seems to be a hassle instead of actually being helpful. Its not like I dont know to keep wifi off when im not home, and GPS and what not off.. and thats all it seems like they pretty much do is make it do that stuff easier.. thanks though!
    09-08-2013 03:11 PM
    One more questions about batteries actually.. I know you used to have to condition batteries.. do batteries these days still need that? Basically what im wondering is.. if I charge my phone for an hour or so, rather then the full amount.. will that lower my battery life over time? And same goes with over charging.. if I keep my phone on the charger even after its fully charged, will that lower battery life over time? Cause I work at home, and have my charger at my computer.. so it can usually just be plugged in 100% of the time..
    09-08-2013 03:13 PM
    One more questions about batteries actually.. I know you used to have to condition batteries.. do batteries these days still need that? Basically what im wondering is.. if I charge my phone for an hour or so, rather then the full amount.. will that lower my battery life over time? And same goes with over charging.. if I keep my phone on the charger even after its fully charged, will that lower battery life over time? Cause I work at home, and have my charger at my computer.. so it can usually just be plugged in 100% of the time..
    The best thing to do would actually be to recharge at about 25 or 30%. Conditioning really isn't needed anymore.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    09-08-2013 04:00 PM
    If used right, yes, they could help. I don't use one and find that Android handles the battery side of things well.

If not used correctly you'll do more harm and see worse battery life.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Golfdriver97 and monsieurms like this.
    09-08-2013 05:01 PM