decibels Measure

aprengo

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
decibels measure
Hello everybody
i would like a complete comparison with efficiency, accuracy, precision of measuring decibels with software under android with a particular smartphone.
I suppose directly related with the quality and characteristics and possibilities of the microphone they have.

Best regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you asking if any of us are aware of a good comparison of decibel meter apps, or accuracy of various phones in measuring decibels?

There certainly are a lot of apps on Google Play that can measure decibels. Just search for "decibel" or "sound meter" in Google Play.

aprengo

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes B. Diddy.
Of course a good app. helps, but the point I suppose is the microphone and its possibilities.
And yes i have the google play link, but I want a comparison of various phones measuring decibels and compare with calibrated sonometers.

And if not possible information about the technical characteristicas of the most powerful smartphones.

Best Regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm afraid I don't know much about any comparisons that are out there. A quick Google search didn't bring up much. Maybe someone else on these forums knows more--good luck!

aprengo

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much B. Diddy.
This is one of those cases where the practical knowledge is the important thing.
That's the question : somebody with a smartphone and the possibility to compare measures with a professional sonometer.

we can wait for such person to come to the forum to illuminate us.

Best Regards