My Galaxy S4 keeps saying that I have to update my security software, but everytime when I click 'OK' it's says connecting to server and then says 'can't update due to networkproblems' , but I don't have any network problems, I'm on wifi and the wifi-connection is perfect (able to surf on internet etc), my 3G network is also on, so what's wrong? I really want to get rid of that annoying update icon.
    I've already tried rebooting my phone, but after a while I get that message again about updating my security software.
    Any help is much appreciated!
    09-12-2013 02:51 AM
    My Galaxy S4 keeps saying that I have to update my security software, but everytime when I click 'OK' it's says connecting to server and then says 'can't update due to networkproblems' , but I don't have any network problems, I'm on wifi and the wifi-connection is perfect (able to surf on internet etc), my 3G network is also on, so what's wrong? I really want to get rid of that annoying update icon.
    I've already tried rebooting my phone, but after a while I get that message again about updating my security software.
    Welcome to the forums!

The server issue could be on their end (carrier). You can likely connect your device to a computer with Kies installed and grab the software update that way. Otherwise, give it a few days or so and see if the update pushes through.
    09-12-2013 09:48 AM
    I am on virgin media and getting exactly the same thing started today I never heard of good whatever that is anyone have any new info on this matter
    09-23-2013 03:35 PM
    Oh I have kies installed on my laptop and says no updates found its fully updated
    09-23-2013 03:37 PM
    I'm curious--what security software are you talking about? Is this an actual Android system update, or is this an update for a 3rd party security/antivirus app? I don't have a Samsung phone, so I don't know if security software updates would be normal.

You can confirm if this is an actual Android system update by going to Settings/About Phone/System Updates, and tap Check for Updates. If it says your phone is up to date, then it sounds like some 3rd party app. If you've never installed an antivirus or security app, then I'd be a little concerned that it's spam or malware.
    09-23-2013 03:46 PM
    Guessing...clear cache in recovery. Probably won't work, but worth a try.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3
    09-23-2013 04:20 PM
    I have the same issue. Causing me a pain.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
    09-23-2013 04:31 PM
    I'm curious--what security software are you talking about? Is this an actual Android system update, or is this an update for a 3rd party security/antivirus app? I don't have a Samsung phone, so I don't know if security software updates would be normal.

You can confirm if this is an actual Android system update by going to Settings/About Phone/System Updates, and tap Check for Updates. If it says your phone is up to date, then it sounds like some 3rd party app. If you've never installed an antivirus or security app, then I'd be a little concerned that it's spam or malware.
    It's a Samsung security update. More than likely related to Knox.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
    Eclipse2K and B. Diddy like this.
    09-23-2013 04:32 PM
    I'm also having the same issue. I received the message yesterday on my phone. Did the update eventually work for any of you?
    09-24-2013 12:40 AM
    No still getting it pop up every 10 minutes

- - - Updated - - -

No still getting it pop up every 10 minutes
    09-24-2013 04:34 AM
    it also happens if you try to change the font. i got it again after installing a launcher. ive contacted samsung and they are aware of it and they will be releasing a firmware update to fix. definitely knox (pah) related
    Aidan Byrne likes this.
    09-24-2013 04:35 AM
    it also happens if you try to change the font. i got it again after installing a launcher. ive contacted samsung and they are aware of it and they will be releasing a firmware update to fix. definitely knox (pah) related. sorry for repeating post
    More info
    Keep getting security policy update pop up and it fails constantly seems a lot of s4 owners are getting this?

Selected device: Samsung/Galaxy S4
    Please check the model of the wireless AP (Access Point) router device for the Wi-Fi connection you are using. If your AP router is one of the DIR-615/655 models from Dlink Co.(AP manufacturer) please see below advice:

It may be necessary when using a DIR-615/655 to disconnect your device (turn off Wi-Fi) , reset the router (Power off then on again) and then attempt to reconnect your device to Wi-Fi connection. Samsung is investigating this anomaly accordingly, and Dlink Co. will release the improved firmware version soon.

I'm on virgin media not sure who makes the router though
    09-24-2013 04:37 AM
    I've just been In to virgin store and they have said its Samsung definitely as its affecting all s4s he said to try a reset but also that samsung would release a update so Until this time just keep cancelling it I know it's frustrating
    Aidan Byrne likes this.
    09-24-2013 05:26 AM
    Click on the security update notification. Then when it asks you to agree or cancel, simply click on CANCEL and that icon will go away.
    11-30-2013 06:33 PM