Odd icon on notification bar

nenechef

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i hope someone can help me, i got a transparent icon in the notification bar is like a submarine o balloon, but the weird thing is just in the lock screen, when i enter in the home screen the icon disappear but coming again on the lock screen, some one knows what can be???,

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you take a screenshot and post it so that we can actually see the icon? To take a screenshot, press the power button and the volume down button at the same time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it always there, or only when the status bar is shown? If it's always there, it might be a screen defect.

nenechef

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
it is always and only in lock screen, not in home screen and it is just from 4 days ago, i didn't add any app or nothing, just come from nowhere :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It really looks like one of those other light bulbs. I suspect that somehow that current image has somehow gotten "stuck" in the status bar. If I knew what system app was responsible for the lock screen and/or the status bar, I'd suggest you go to Settings/Apps/All and clear its cache, but I'm not really sure which one it would be.

One thing to try would be a cache partition wipe, which erases temporary data that the system uses. The process is a little different for each device. What device are you using?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you actually clear the system cache partition, or just the app cache? To clear the system cache partition, you have to reboot into the Recovery Menu. Did you do that?

Also, have you tried reverting back to the stock launcher, or temporarily uninstalling Nova?