I bought an unbranded android phone online for a backup business phone. It came with lots of factory loaded games that I need to remove that appear to be taking a lot of space. I did all the usual and there is no obvious way to delete them. I tried to load and app to "root" and a file manager to go that route, but they would not load "due to not enough space" . I have nothing else to delete to make any space, as I have not loaded any other apps or files onto the phone until I sort this out.There is no game application on the phone to directly delete
    them . I did add an SD card and was able to load Astro file mgr. onto it, but it did not open any files. I also went the route of connecting my phone to my pc to review files and to attempt to upload a root app or file app and that did not work. Any suggestions beyond the obvious, will be appreciated. Cheers,
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    09-12-2013 02:17 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It may be difficult to find a good solution for you, since different phones may have different procedures to root. Is there really no brand name or model number on the packaging or the case? Go to Settings/About Phone, and tell us what the Model Number is.

Most preinstalled apps (aka "bloatware") cannot be uninstalled unless the phone is rooted. If the Android system version is 4.0 or greater (again, find this under Settings/About Phone/Android Version), then you can disable certain apps by going to Settings/Apps/All, selecting the app in question, and tapping Disable. This doesn't remove the app, but at least prevents it from opening and taking up any system RAM.

Bloatware can definitely reduce the storage space available to the user. Can you go to Settings/Storage, take a screenshot, and post it? You an usually take a screenshot by pressing the power button and the volume button down at the same time (unless it's a phone with a much older version of Android).
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    09-12-2013 02:34 PM
    The Android word for what you want isn't 'delete' it's 'uninstall'. Go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications. Tap on a game you want to uninstall (it may take a while for the list of installed apps to come up) and you should see a screen with an Uninstall button. That will uninstall the app. DON'T uninstall anything but games. If you uninstall an Android app, your phone may stop working.
    09-12-2013 10:48 PM
    I bought an unbranded android phone online for a backup business phone. It came with lots of factory loaded games that I need to remove that appear to be taking a lot of space. I did all the usual and there is no obvious way to delete them. I tried to load and app to "root" and a file manager to go that route, but they would not load "due to not enough space" . I have nothing else to delete to make any space, as I have not loaded any other apps or files onto the phone until I sort this out.There is no game application on the phone to directly delete
    them . I did add an SD card and was able to load Astro file mgr. onto it, but it did not open any files. I also went the route of connecting my phone to my pc to review files and to attempt to upload a root app or file app and that did not work. Any suggestions beyond the obvious, will be appreciated. Cheers,
    B. Diddy pretty much hit it. Although, you may have to uninstall updates in order to disable apps. So just keep that in mind.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-12-2013 11:02 PM