Hi guys, first time poster, and you guys seems to know what you are talking about so here goes!

I have an HTC One XL, and i received an OTA update to Android 4.2.2 and Sense 5, which i want to install. Unfortunately, my phone is rooted (clockworkmod). I don't actually use any rooted functions, so am happy to revert back. I am new to Android, but can pull a PC to bits and rebuild them, so hopefully it wont take long to figure out.

I was wanting to find out how to do this unroot - i have seen many posts online but am unsure in what order to do things, and what specific files i need.

I know i need a ruu, but will any do? I used the following link - HTC OTA and RUU collection - xda-developers - and can see my OTA there under Telstra Australia (OTA_EVITA_UL_JB_50_S_Telstra_WWE_5.06.841.1-3.17.841.9_release_328260om1ifk3r8um88i2c.zip), but the source (is that the ruu?) is a dead link. Can i use any ruu, and if not, how do i know what one i need and where can i get it from?

I also believe i need to have a locked boot before running the ruu? How do i find out if mine is locked, and if it isnt, how do i go about doing this?

Once my boot is locked, and i have the ruu, what are my next steps?

I read this back, and i see i am definitely a noob when it comes to this, but really want to learn how to do this.

Thanks for taking the time to read (and hopefully reply to) this!
    09-13-2013 08:01 AM