Hi, I have a new phone from Verizon today, to replace the one that stopped charging.
    HTC Droid DNA.
    Not the first time I have been through this so I am looking for the quickest and most successful way to make my new phone look just like my old phone.
    Meaning: Apps, data, themes, customization, pics, saved passwords.... everything that will make my new phone exactly like my old one.

I am familiar with the Verizon and Google backups, but as far as I know they don't install all my apps, and my customized settings, pics, etc.

Are there apps?
    Are there other ways?

I am searching online, and that includes here, and while this sort of thing is discussed a ton... I don't see any good solutions.
    I just dread having to do it from scratch... again.
    Did it 4 months ago on a warranty replacement, and 4 months before that on the original phone.

Thank you for any advice, and help.
    09-14-2013 02:59 PM
    Hi, I have a new phone from Verizon today, to replace the one that stopped charging.
    HTC Droid DNA.
    Not the first time I have been through this so I am looking for the quickest and most successful way to make my new phone look just like my old phone.
    Meaning: Apps, data, themes, customization, pics, saved passwords.... everything that will make my new phone exactly like my old one.

I am familiar with the Verizon and Google backups, but as far as I know they don't install all my apps, and my customized settings, pics, etc.

Are there apps?
    Are there other ways?

I am searching online, and that includes here, and while this sort of thing is discussed a ton... I don't see any good solutions.
    I just dread having to do it from scratch... again.
    Did it 4 months ago on a warranty replacement, and 4 months before that on the original phone.

Thank you for any advice, and help.
    Google should restore your apps once you get it signed in again

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    09-14-2013 03:19 PM
    A nandroid backup will restore everything, but you'll have to make a few mods to the phone first (it's in the link).
    09-14-2013 04:40 PM
    Google should restore your apps once you get it signed in again

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    Thanks. Yes I know Google can help with the apps, and contacts... but not the saved data in the apps, like passwords and other info.
    Was hoping for basically a "cloning app".
    09-14-2013 05:34 PM
    A nandroid backup will restore everything, but you'll have to make a few mods to the phone first (it's in the link).
    Thank you. I'm not too keen on rooting the phone, it is still under warranty and yea I know I can always default it back if I need to. But it references the SD card a whole lot in the instructions. The DNA doesn't use SD cards.
    I appreciate the link none-the-less.
    09-14-2013 05:35 PM
    Thanks. Yes I know Google can help with the apps, and contacts... but not the saved data in the apps, like passwords and other info.
    Was hoping for basically a "cloning app".
    Rumor has it that Google is considering saving app data as well.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    09-14-2013 05:45 PM
    Rumor has it that Google is considering saving app data as well.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    Ok, I will look into that. Hoping for even more than that though.
    Phone is so customized it's going to be a hassle getting the new one the same.
    Thx
    09-14-2013 06:49 PM