Buying a tablet soon.. any suggestions? $150

ThatAsian

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to the forum. Decided to try this forum out since it's for android. I posted a topic similar to this on Amazon since I'm only buying from Amazon.

I don't know much about specs. I heard the the Asus MeMopad HD 7 inch would be a good choice for me but I don't know if there is anything better than this tablet at my price range. I'm looking for a $150 or less tablet with good specs for gaming, entertainment, browsing and such. Gaming doesn't have to be high quality and not sluggish. So should I buy the Asus MeMopad HD 7 inch or something else? Give me suggestions please and thank you. :)

So far someone suggested me to get the Nook HD+.. There is no cam which is my concern. But it looks good and smooth from watching it's reviews on YouTube.

Anything else I should take a look at?

ThatAsian

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Ahhh well darn! That sucks, I have money that I saved on my Amazon account so that's why I use only Amazon to buy a tablet. Sad thing is they don't sell Walmart gift cards so I can't get it. Great tablet though! Anything similar to that if possible that's on amazon? lol.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I recently played with a MeMO Pad HD 7 at my local Fry's, and thought it was quite good--much better than the original MeMO Pad. So I don't think you can go wrong with that one. AVOID AVOID AVOID any devices from companies that you really have never heard of (with Hisense probably be the main exception). I don't care if the specs look awesome--you're taking your chances if the tablet's called "Super Ultra Pad" or some excessively florid name like that.

ThatAsian

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I recently played with a MeMO Pad HD 7 at my local Fry's, and thought it was quite good--much better than the original MeMO Pad. So I don't think you can go wrong with that one. AVOID AVOID AVOID any devices from companies that you really have never heard of (with Hisense probably be the main exception). I don't care if the specs look awesome--you're taking your chances if the tablet's called "Super Ultra Pad" or some excessively florid name like that.

Yeah thanks for the tip and I have to agree. There can be knock off brands (especially the Chinese ones) or really cheap brands also. Bought one before and it sucked.

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Obviously there is a lot of China junk. But things have changed 10 fold in the last 3 years. I wouldn't recommend knockoffs, but Onda, Pipo and Ainol all produce very decent tablets in the $80-150 range.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084