Undelete Photos

jobeppo

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Looking for a little help in possibly undeleting a few pictures I took yesterday on my Galaxy 4S smart phone.

I know the directory where I need to do the undeleting but none of the un-delete programs I have gathered will show anything that makes sense when it comes to the phone.

When i plug in the phone to my computer I get 2 directories.. \Phone and \Card (card is my 32gb micro sd)
The pictures I would need to try undeleting would be in the following directory: \Computer\SCH-I545\Phone\DCIM\Camera
I cannot find a way to have any undelete program scan that portion to recover files... I have even taken out the micro sd card which did not matter ...Can anyone tell me how I can do this? There has to be a way... maybe I am just not seeing it...

Thanks for you time and efforts in assisting me.

JD

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) I've found Disk Digger to be pretty good. (It's free.)

2) If the file has been overwritten, you can't recover it. It's possible on a magnetic medium (like a hard drive) if you have money by the trainload, but it's not possible on an SD card. If part of it's been overwritten you'll get the top of the picture (how much depends on how much has been overwritten).

xchris5442x

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. I tried each of the programs suggested but I can not get any of them to detect my phone. Any suggestions. I have USB Debug on and MTP on.

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. I tried each of the programs suggested but I can not get any of them to detect my phone. Any suggestions. I have USB Debug on and MTP on.
If your phone is being detected as a USB drive, Recuva should work fine.

Are the files on Micro SD? You can attempt to remove the SD and put it in an SD reader. If on your phone storage, that may be a different story... Depending on how your phone storage is set to communicate with PC.