Finding video files

phil321

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Good morning all.

I have copied several video files from my PC over to my Galaxy S2 using Windows click and drag. I have copied these files to the card 'video' folder rather than phone video folder. I can play the videos fine by using the Video Player app which came with the phone. However, I can't find the files themselves in any of the folders on the phone including the myfiles/video folder.

Any help greatly appreciated. Phil

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Depending on the Android version and the type of device, there are a few variations of the directory that corresponds to the external SD card, which is where it sounds like you moved the videos to:

/mnt/sdcard-ext/ ... (Rukbat, I think /mnt/sdcard/ gets you to the Internal Storage, not the External SD)
/storage/sdcard1/ ...
/storage/emulated/1/ ...

Look for any of these directories, then tack on "Video" or "My Videos" or "media" or something like that.

phil321

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies but I have looked through all the folders on the phone itself using the 'my files' app and can't find a folder with anything called 'mnt' or 'strorage' or anything like that that. What are the path to get here from the basic home screen? Thanks

AMOCO

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Although I'm on a different device,This is how I do my music,videos, & recorded tv.
I created a media folder and sub-folders for each on my sd card.,Then instead of drag and drop.I copy and paste to the corresponding folders.

Sent from my N9100

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
What file manager are you using? Sort the files by modified date and see which was last modified. That should give you an idea as to where to search for that file without digging.

It could also be an issue of the file manager not recognizing the video extension and is not showing the file.

Posted via Android Central App