Moving WhatsApp chat from Galaxy Note to S4

Jenova65

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
OK.... let's assume I am not too sharp with tech (I actually typed in id**t but that is offensive? :O ) I'm not stupid, just not as tech savvy as I would like to be...
I have the Galaxy Note and have, let's say... an emotional attachment to a particular WhatsApp chat thread I have in my Note.

Bullet points.

I have my chat on the Note with my current phone number, which will be transferred to the new phone tomorrow and a temporary number on my new S4 so am assuming that my old phone will have no number as of tomorrow.

The Note has a faulty USB (it's the phone port not the cable as my new cable doesn't work with it either) so I cannot backup on my PC.

I have installed ES File Explorer on both phones.

I have Whatsapp installed on the old phone, but not the new one yet as I understand you should do that after creating the WhatsApp backup on the new phone.

How do I use ES File Explorer to transfer my (will do backup first, I know how to do that) backed up WhatsApp chat from the Note to the S4? I do NOT wish to root either phone.

TY in advance for any help :)

Jenova65

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I used ES File Explorer, they offer a step by step guide to moving files from a folder in one phone to another. Then when you DL WhatsApp to the new phone you get the option to restore your chat history. It was very simple.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc