How to stop notification sounds from interrupting music?

TNCreature

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same issues, with the volume being lowered on Bluetooth once I get an alert. Seemingly the only way to get the volume back up to full is to restart the track. Grrr. :mad:

The issue I am having that I haven't seen addressed is that I don't want alerts to be off all of the time, only when listening to music. (I can't imagine resetting all of those alert sliders off and on). Plus, I actually wouldn't mind a visual alert, just not the audio ones.

I'm going to try the app called "Don't Pause"
Here is a thread that discusses it:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=50437013#post50437013

Thanks,
TNCreature

Last edited:

DARKFiB3R

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about the samsung app! I use a nexus. If you're using a poweramp Just follow this steps :)
Setting>Audio>Audio focus- uncheck "short audio focus change"
Voila! :D Thank me later :p
PS: not sure if free has it! Mine is paid.

Thank you. I use Poweramp, and this is the perfect solution for me, including not muting the sound when I use the camera.

seekandfind

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issues, with the volume being lowered on Bluetooth once I get an alert. Seemingly the only way to get the volume back up to full is to restart the track. Grrr. :mad:

The issue I am having that I haven't seen addressed is that I don't want alerts to be off all of the time, only when listening to music. (I can't imagine resetting all of those alert sliders off and on). Plus, I actually wouldn't mind a visual alert, just not the audio ones.

I'm going to try the app called "Don't Pause"
Here is a thread that discusses it:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=50437013#post50437013

Thanks,
TNCreature

I am wondering if you fixed your problem. My problem is similar and I may start a new thread about it.

I am running 6.0.1 on an LG phone, and my volume for MUILTIMEDIA is ALSO linked to my Notification volume.
If I am on snapchat, periscope, instagram or anything that involves sound, my messages, notifications are read out OVER the media and then the media is muted on that app. This happens 50 times a day. Grr.

I can't find anyone else who has the volumes linked. The Notification slider has no bearing. I can have that off. As long as Multimedia is on and I am listening to something, the messages come in at the same volume as the media and then they talk over each other, then the app is silenced.

I have tried apps that use macros and no luck.

drealmoop

May 18, 2018
Visit site
A quick way to fix it is to simply put phone in airplane mode, and problem solved. I use YouTube music with a YouTube red account and can have unlimited downloads of music so I dont have to worry about streaming music!

alternateash

Jul 23, 2018
Visit site
Google /Android should just implement marking notification sounds as a subclass (eg. "event.whateverapp.dingtone.audio.notification", etc)
then under each device's Bluetooth settings options, allow the choice between sending that to the speaker (as one already has to send call audio, contacts, etc), and playing it on the phone itself, with its own volume slider under the drop down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21