Please help

TrixieBelle89

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
My husband just recently purchased me a Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Centura and I haven't even had it a week and it has decided to download an app that I never clicked on and never even heard of it. I have tried going to the app manager option and the app isn't even listed. So I have no idea how this app even got on my phone or how to remove this unwanted app. Please help me if anyone knows how to help me. Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Press the menu button, then Settings, then Apps, and look under the Downloaded list. Can you find Pocket Fort there? If you can see it, tap it and select Uninstall.

It's possible that some other app you installed might have some shady code in it that downloads other apps, or places shortcuts on your homescreen that look like apps you've downloaded, but are in fact shortcuts to some website promoting useless stuff. I suggest uninstalling any recent apps you may have installed. As a last resort, you could always do a complete factory data reset, which wipes the phone and starts all over again (so obviously, back up all of your data first!). To reset, go to Settings/Backup & Reset/Factory Data Reset.

It may be helpful to install a security app like Lookout or Avast. Viruses aren't a huge problem yet on Android, but malware writers are always finding new ways to mess up people's lives, so I always think it's prudent to install a good security app.

TrixieBelle89

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled all apps that I just recently downloaded and the 2 apps were still there so I am doing a factory reset now. Thanks and I will definitely install a security app.