05-19-2016 01:32 PM
632 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Apple's Siri has included many of the features of found in the Android app, Vlingo for over a year. Vlingo even pre-dates Google Voice Search. 30 states now have text while driving bans so apps like Vlingo have become increasingly important.

Vlingo is free in the iTunes App Store and Android Market. One big upgrade over Siri is that Siri is not hands-free. You must still push buttons on the iPhone to use Siri. Vlingo's InCar mode lets you just start by saying, "Hey, Vlingo." Watch the videos.

Details
    • Learns: Vlingo learns and gets better at recognizing how you speak.
    • Bluetooth: Vlingo also works with Android A2DP compliant headsets.

Here are examples of commands Vlingo can answer on screen or by voice.

Call, Email, or Text
    "Call Mom mobile" - "Call taxi" - "Call tow truck" - "Call Best Buy" - "Call plumber"
    "Redial"
    "Text Will; Let's grab a late lunch."
    "Email Janet; Are you available to watch Hunter this weekend?"
    "Email John; Subject, Running Late; Message, John, I’ll be 10 minutes late for the meeting."

Find
    "Find a sushi restaurant"
    "Movie times in Boston"
    "Hotels in Seattle for tomorrow night"
    "Beach front hotels in Miami"
    "Downtown hotel in Dallas."

Social features
    "Where are my friends?"
    "Twitter status; Excited for the new season of Gossip Girl."
    "Update Facebook status; Headed to New York for the weekend!"

Directions and Maps
    "Get directions to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave"
    "Navigate to Statue of Liberty" (the boat dock, not the island comes up)
    "Map of New York"

Alarm Clock
    "Open alarm clock"
    "Set alarm for 30 minutes"
    "Set alarm for 7 AM"

Search
    "Get directions to the Smithsonian"
    "Why do some sunsets look red?"
    "Where is Harry Potter playing?"
    "Find Italian restaurants nearby"
    "Find sports bars"
    "Golf courses near Orlando"

Other Apps
    "Open calendar" - "Open calculator" - etc.
    Music: "Play music"
    Browser: "Go to Google.com"

Find Answers
    "Who was the tenth President of the United States?"
    "What does poison ivy look like?"
    "Search: population of Portugal"

Click Getting Started to return to the main menu.
    10-29-2011 01:27 PM
    I am a former BB user, I am trying to set up my POP mail settings. I have a ".NET" address with GO DADDY. I have set my other e mail account with ATT and GMAIL. Can you help me out. BTW, I have a Samsung Galaxy s II

Thanks
    11-06-2011 04:33 AM
    Great thread, thanks so much.
    11-13-2011 11:56 AM
    Thanking you again to get to 5 posts to see the attachments
    11-13-2011 11:57 AM
    I am a former BB user, I am trying to set up my POP mail settings. I have a ".NET" address with GO DADDY. I have set my other e mail account with ATT and GMAIL. Can you help me out. BTW, I have a Samsung Galaxy s II
    Thanks
    If you don't get a reply to this from someone more knowledgeable, I'd recommend getting a free 3rd party app like Maildroid. It handles my 5 email accounts from various services and sets up real easy to work with them.
    11-13-2011 08:37 PM
    12-13-2011 02:16 AM
    hi I am new to this site and im looking for advice on how to root my LG optimus for metro PCS. im looking for ratings and good advice on how to find the best apps for my phone when it comes to rooting it, and how to use and what order to install them on my phone
    12-18-2011 06:09 AM
    any advice or direction would be appreciated
    12-18-2011 06:11 AM
    I'm new at this . . . where do you get the camera app for the Executive Assistant so the camera will work from the lock screen?
    12-19-2011 11:24 AM
    I just figured it out! I just added a shortcut!
    12-19-2011 11:46 AM
    whether android 1.5 supports speech recognition or not?
    milominderbinde likes this.
    12-22-2011 06:25 AM
    How do I adjust the volume of text messages?
    milominderbinde likes this.
    12-22-2011 11:17 AM
    whether android 1.5 supports speech recognition or not?
    Sorry, I don't think that was until 2.0.
    12-24-2011 02:12 PM
    How do I adjust the volume of text messages?
    Good point. It was under Settings at the tops but should be under Messaging as well. I added this:

Notification Lights, Sounds and Vibration
    Text Messaging: Tap Messages> Menu > Settings > Notification sound.
    Quick Settings let's you adjust sounds all at once including Notifications: Tap Volume control or for Ringer for Phone ringer.
    Executive Assistant or Light Flow lets you set repeating LED, vibrations, and sound notifications.

Thanks!
    12-24-2011 02:41 PM
    got a new tablet for birthday. Not happy... yesterday it froze up. Nothing works, can't get icons to work, can't shut it down, have reset it and still nothing. as soon as it comes up it freezes. I had put the gps attachment on the other day and the same thing happened. just reset and it cleared. Put in a usb stick and it froze . took it out and it is still frozen. Saw comments about hold down on button, volume button and camera button but can't get to the camera button because the start up screen is frozen and can't get tot he apps. any help out there. At the moment I am letting it die and hopefully when the battery is depleted and is re-charged it will help. Need some thoughts here or should I just send it back.
    thanks.
    12-28-2011 07:50 AM
    got a new tablet for birthday. Not happy... yesterday it froze up. Nothing works, can't get icons to work, can't shut it down, have reset it and still nothing. as soon as it comes up it freezes. I had put the gps attachment on the other day and the same thing happened. just reset and it cleared. Put in a usb stick and it froze . took it out and it is still frozen. Saw comments about hold down on button, volume button and camera button but can't get to the camera button because the start up screen is frozen and can't get tot he apps. any help out there. At the moment I am letting it die and hopefully when the battery is depleted and is re-charged it will help. Need some thoughts here or should I just send it back.
    thanks.
    Might help to share what tablet you have so we can give you better info.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    12-28-2011 07:54 AM
    E10 Upgrade Flytouch III Google Android 2.3 10.1 inch 1080P Video Resistive Screen Tablet PC Silver ,

I'm sorry I should have done that.
    thanks.
    12-28-2011 08:32 AM
    I have a E10 Upgrade Flytouch III Google Android 2.3 10.1 inch 1080P Video Resistive Screen Tablet PC Silver ,
    It has been frozen now for 2 days and I am letting the battery die. I have reset it twice and it comes back but I can't use any of the icons.
    I feel that it is a setting problem but can't get to the setting icon . the one on the homepage just sits there. sometimes it will open add a widgie But that is all that I can get to do anything.

I have tried the volume and the on button but cant get to the camera button to see if that procedure works. Help

thanks
    12-29-2011 04:41 AM
    "I just purchased an Archos 7.0 internet tablet and am having trouble accessing the keyboard to create an email. the keyboard stays up when I tap the "TO", "CC" and "Subject" lines but then fades when I tap the letter area on the screen. How do I navigate to the text area without loosing the keyboard?
    12-30-2011 09:07 AM
    Please let me join the contast and how do I know if I am entered
    01-01-2012 01:16 AM
    Totally new with android. Manual not good for me, I need more detail. Relying on people like you the get the most from my new phone. So I would like to Thank everyone for the help that I so need now and in the future.
    01-03-2012 05:58 PM
    Does anyone know of a good App to download Youtube video's?
    01-04-2012 03:44 PM
    Hi,
    My Blackberry died on me last week. This was the 5th one and I was so frustrated with it locking up that I decided to try the Android. I understand there's a bit of a learning curve, so I'm slowly getting on board. Because of time constraits, I haven't done any of the tutorials as yet. I plan to do so over the next few days. Any pointers would be appreciated.
    Thanks!!
    01-05-2012 03:38 PM
    Hi,
    My Blackberry died on me last week. This was the 5th one and I was so frustrated with it locking up that I decided to try the Android. I understand there's a bit of a learning curve, so I'm slowly getting on board. Because of time constraits, I haven't done any of the tutorials as yet. I plan to do so over the next few days. Any pointers would be appreciated.
    Thanks!!
    Welcome!

See the BlackBerry User's Guide to Android for help with transferring everything over and apps and settings to make it as homey as possible
    01-05-2012 10:18 PM
    Hello All! I have been the owner of a Droid3 after finally tiring of Blackberry disasters, and I am so pleased! Didn't bother with waiting for Verizon's 4G any longer to be in my area....most likely won't see it here until 2013. Happy with my Droid, need to learn this device, and what it does, through and through. I look forward to maximizing my Droid Experience! - mikey3cc (from Jersey Shore)
    01-12-2012 10:59 AM
632 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD