05-19-2016 01:32 PM
582 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    hi ,

can any1 help me , i have a s4 and i need to delete a bbm contact
    11-06-2013 01:23 AM
    Love phone: on yahoo email account , i cannot get any sound notification on mail arrival. Anyone solve this. otherwise great phone.
    11-06-2013 04:42 AM
    Love phone: on yahoo email account , i cannot get any sound notification on mail arrival. Anyone solve this. otherwise great phone.
    Hi Tribesman,
    Welcome to Android Central Forums!

You havn't said what phone you have, but i'll tell you how it works on a Sumsung Galaxy S2 (my phone).

Open your emails.
    Click on the bottom left of your phone to bring up different options. Click more.
    Click account settings.
    Scroll down to Notification settings.
    The first underneath is Email notifications (which should be ticked).
    The next is Select Ringtone.
    Click on that and there are different options to choose from.
    I hope that helps

If not go back to the forums and scroll down until you find the make of your phone, go into that and look for your model (you may have to click through a few levels to get to your model), then try posting your question there.

Enjoy yr new phone
    Helen

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-06-2013 08:30 PM
    Hi im new my name is roseana.
    11-09-2013 12:32 AM
    Hi im new my name is roseana.
    Hi roseana, Welcome! I hope you enjoy android central forums . i do
    well, once i got my head around how to use the site anyway lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-09-2013 03:28 AM
    what is the problem if the android OS wasn't able to load the whole system.... just stuck in loading after pressing the on button of tablet.... can anyone help me thanks!!!!
    11-13-2013 07:33 AM
    what is the problem if the android OS wasn't able to load the whole system.... just stuck in loading after pressing the on button of tablet.... can anyone help me thanks!!!!
    Hi, and welcome to Android Central! You'll probably get more answers if you post here instead: General Help and How To - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com. Adding posts to this thread won't make your question very visible, because people will still see the thread as "Android Tips & Tricks," rather than "Please help, my tablet won't boot!"

Be sure to include the brand and model of your tablet, and the Android version, if you know it.
    11-14-2013 03:19 AM
    I dont know what's going on, when I download or install any aplication my galaxy s4 just turns off.....!!!! this thing happen when I turn on the wifi. Can someone halp me?!
    11-14-2013 01:30 PM
    I dont know what's going on, when I download or install any aplication my galaxy s4 just turns off.....!!!! this thing happen when I turn on the wifi. Can someone halp me?!
    Welcome to Android Central! I suggest you post your question here: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com. You'll get a better response.
    11-14-2013 01:54 PM
    Is there a setting that turns messaging off for a time period? I was looking at my messaging the past couple mornings, it says messaging unavailable and then it suddenly becomes available? There are quite a few text messages in there and yet my messaging folder looks empty during that time?
    11-18-2013 09:04 AM
    Greetings! I just activated a Samsung Skyrocket on Consumer Cellular. I was able to set up Data settings with their help but cannot send or receive picture messages. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Consumer Cellular says not all phones are supported. I cannot believe that is the case with a Skyrocket! Help! Thanks,
    11-21-2013 02:17 AM
    Is there a setting that turns messaging off for a time period? I was looking at my messaging the past couple mornings, it says messaging unavailable and then it suddenly becomes available? There are quite a few text messages in there and yet my messaging folder looks empty during that time?
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm not aware of any settings that perform that function, at least for the stock messaging app. What phone do you have? Try posting your question in that device's forum--you might get more responses than in this thread. If your device doesn't have its own forum, post here: General Help and How To - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    11-21-2013 01:14 PM
    Greetings! I just activated a Samsung Skyrocket on Consumer Cellular. I was able to set up Data settings with their help but cannot send or receive picture messages. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Consumer Cellular says not all phones are supported. I cannot believe that is the case with a Skyrocket! Help! Thanks,
    Welcome to Android Central! Try posting your question here: Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Is your mobile data (i.e., 3G/4G) on? In general, you can't send or receive pics unless that's on--it won't work over wifi.
    11-21-2013 01:15 PM
    Is there a 4.2.2 manual somewhere? Just got a Galazy tab 2 10.1, and it immediately updated to 4.2.2. Now the screens do not match the manual, which was for an older android version. Samsung only has manual for older android version or other models. I've been using a Galaxy S3 for a while, but it uses a phone verison of
    Android that is older. I am having a lot of difficulty doing things- very frustrated for two days- help! Can do very little! (done from my Mac laptop- well, now you know why). Also, could not figure out how to post a question in a forum- this is the first place I found a place to respond.
    11-23-2013 09:50 PM
    Is there a 4.2.2 manual somewhere? Just got a Galazy tab 2 10.1, and it immediately updated to 4.2.2. Now the screens do not match the manual, which was for an older android version. Samsung only has manual for older android version or other models. I've been using a Galaxy S3 for a while, but it uses a phone verison of
    Android that is older. I am having a lot of difficulty doing things- very frustrated for two days- help! Can do very little! (done from my Mac laptop- well, now you know why). Also, could not figure out how to post a question in a forum- this is the first place I found a place to respond.
    Hi Jeffry and Welcome to Android Central
    I've been trying to reply to you all day, but after I'd start the post something would come up.
    I can't help you with the tablet problem sorry, but I can explain how to submit a new thread/topic, and guide you to where your more likely to get some answers.

I'll assume your on the Android Central website, and not on one of the apps, they are all a bit different.

To start a topic find the forum you want to put it in (eg the one your in now is "General Help and How to").
    Then under the heading (in this case it would say "GENERAL HELP AND HOW TO") there should be a blue box that says "POST NEW THREAD", click on that.
    Put in your title, then explain your problem and what you need etc in the message box.
    Then under the message box should be another blue box "SUBMIT NEW THREAD". next to that is the option to preview the post. Either way when your happy with it click the submit new thread box. Then its out there for people to read as a new thread.

If you want an email sent whenever someone posts in your thread, scroll down and there are "additional options", click in the box to subscribe to the thread, then choose the email option you want in the drop down arrow box. I can't remember if that's available before or after you post new thread.

There are 3 forums that I think would be more likely to get answers:
    1. is the one your in now, the "GENERAL HELP AND HOW TO" forum (a sub forum really), which is in the "ANDROID CENTRAL COMMUNITY" forum.
    2. is the "ANDROID 4.1/4.2/4.3 JELLY BEAN" forum. Its not far down from the Android Central Community forum.
    3. is the "SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2 10.1" forum, which is way down the list, past all the phones and down a bit in the list of tablets.

I'm sorry if I've given you way too much information, but if I've not covered anything feel free to come back here and ask me. I've subscribed to this topic anyway so I'll know when anyone posts here. That's why I saw yours. Or you can PM me (send me a Private Message) by clicking on my name, Nana Helen, and in my details is an option to send me a private message.

Good luck with your tablet and hope to see you around

Helen

Sent from my MID using AC Forums mobile app
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-24-2013 07:49 AM
    Hope I win
    11-27-2013 02:31 PM
    I have an optimus v/virgin mobile.There is a ridiculous lag when I text,any fix for this? thanks!
    12-07-2013 10:54 AM
    Hi,
    I'm using Windows XP on my netbook wich support will be ended on 8th april 2014... I think it can't run Win 7, so I want to install Android 4.4 (or newer in the future) to it, but I've got a big problem.
    Now I'm using Auto Power ON&Shut Down to automaticly wake my netbook up from total standby and after a time shut it down (hibernate). I've been searching for a similar Android app for 3 months and yesterday I found that Android 4.x versions can do it as default setting (without any apps). Is it true?
    Or if not, does anyone have such an app? (The netbook need to be totally turned off.)
    12-07-2013 11:45 AM
    Hi All! I am using Galaxy Note. I never had an issue before. Today my phone has started behaving weird. There is beep sound of the notification but i dont get to see any notifications in the status bar. And when i press the power key it shows only 2 options like on ur phone and off ur phone. And when i press and hold the home button i dont get to see the recent visited apps which i used to clear before.

Please help me resolve the issue.
    12-09-2013 03:37 AM
    these post are very help full for the forum beginners..
    Nana Helen likes this.
    12-11-2013 07:57 AM
    How do I post on here?
    12-22-2013 03:12 PM
    I need help with an android T4010, pattern wrong too many times and gmail account and password forgotten? Is there any way I can fix this without having to send it away and if I have to do a master reset can someone please give me step by step instructions. Thanks
    12-22-2013 03:14 PM
    I need help with an android T4010, pattern wrong too many times and gmail account and password forgotten? Is there any way I can fix this without having to send it away and if I have to do a master reset can someone please give me step by step instructions. Thanks
    Welcome to Android Central! You might get a better response if you post your question here: General Help and How To - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com.

Is your phone the Telecom T4010? Here's the manual: http://help.telecom.co.nz/ci/fattach...k%20Manual.pdf. On page 31, it describes doing a factory reset by first powering off, then pressing the Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time until the screen lights up. You might get some prompts after that to ask you if you're sure you want to do a factory reset. I'm only speculating here, since I don't have any experience with the phone.
    12-22-2013 08:30 PM
    Hi I have been given an android table , Teamgee -E1 android 4.1 Exynos 5 Octa 5410, I have connected the wi-fi to my wi fi router, but get the message on the tablet sorry exchange services is not running. Any idea of how to fix it?
    12-26-2013 06:23 PM
    Hi. I'm new to this forum and to smartphones in general. I'm old and old school, so I thought I wouldn't get into the smartphone thing. I bought a Prism II for TMobile, and it runs Android 4.1.1.
    I tried the voice dial app, and the sound recorder. Both seem to not pick up my voice at all. I downloaded another app called Sound Recorder, but that gave the same result.

I'm looking for instructions for Android that will tell me how to set up the two original apps, and make the microphone pick up my voice when I talk. I can't find that anywhere. Can anyone here tell me where to go to get that kind of instructions? It seems that basic instructions for Android are lacking. I'm finding that the basic stuff I can just 'follow my nose' , but these are some more detailed, "under-the-hood" type of settings and techniques.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
    01-01-2014 08:46 PM
582 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD