05-19-2016 01:32 PM
632 ... 23242526
tools
    I have an HTC droid incredible and have installed Words with friends. About a week ago the game started making me have to log in each time I open the game, whereas before, the game always kept me logged in. It's annoying because each time it is my turn to play, I have to take the time to type in my email address again. Does anyone else have this problem or have a solution?

Thanks
    04-02-2014 08:00 AM
    I don't know where I should post this, but it appears this site is vulnerable to Heartbleed! Please advise!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks-capture.jpg  
    04-15-2014 10:14 AM
    McAfee says not vulnerable: McAfee True Intelligence Feed (Beta)

I recall a week or so ago that AC was down for about an hour, and the head honcho of Mobile Nations, Marcus Adolfsson, said it was because they were busy patching the server for Heartbleed. So I wouldn't worry about it.
    04-16-2014 12:58 AM
    Okay so I really want to send a concert video to a friend and every time I want to send it, it says file size to large and I've read about putting on limit for MMS and I did and the video is SO BLOCKY, is there any way to fix this? Or something like to send it another way? Help!! x
    04-19-2014 12:09 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Texting has a pretty strict limit on file size (I think it's around 1.5 MB), and Gmail can send a 25 MB file at the largest. If you have a larger file, you could upload it to Google Drive, and then share it with your friends that way. The video will remain in the cloud, and you're simply giving your friends access to it.
    04-19-2014 12:25 AM
    I am new here and new to android phones bought a zte unico 4glte straight talk unlimited
    04-29-2014 10:12 AM
    I am new here and new to android phones bought a zte unico 4glte straight talk unlimited
    Welcome to Android Central! Let us know if you have any questions.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!
    04-30-2014 02:07 PM
    this is really a huge tutorial you deserve 10000+ likes
    indestructibleguy likes this.
    05-02-2014 10:19 PM
    Thanks, very helpful.
    05-09-2014 04:13 AM
    I had a Droid x that got wet. I bought a Droid x2 to replace it, i was trying to download some games to my new phone through google play, but it will not download to my new phone it keeps trying to load to the old phone. I have went to google play and tried to delete the old phone, but it will not let me, Please can someone help me?
    05-09-2014 07:49 AM
    I had a Droid x that got wet. I bought a Droid x2 to replace it, i was trying to download some games to my new phone through google play, but it will not download to my new phone it keeps trying to load to the old phone. I have went to google play and tried to delete the old phone, but it will not let me, Please can someone help me?
    Welcome to Android Central! If you're trying to install via the Google Play website on your desktop browser, then you have to select your new Droid X2 as the target device for installation. To do so, click on the "Installed" button, then click on the "Choose a Device" dropdown menu. If your X2 is logged in to the same Google account, you should see it there as a selection.

Any reason why you're not installing the app directly on the phone using the Play Store app?
    05-09-2014 11:48 AM
    ok i tried that and the Droid X is the only one that shows up.
    and i have logged on to the Droid X2 with the same google account.
    05-09-2014 12:57 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you're trying to install via the Google Play website on your desktop browser, then you have to select your new Droid X2 as the target device for installation. To do so, click on the "Installed" button, then click on the "Choose a Device" dropdown menu. If your X2 is logged in to the same Google account, you should see it there as a selection.

Any reason why you're not installing the app directly on the phone using the Play Store app?
    i have tried to install the app from my phone, and it tells me it is already installed, and when i try to install some new apps it says it goes to the old phone.
    05-09-2014 12:59 PM
    That's strange. I assume you got the X2 used, correct? Try removing your Google account and then adding it back. Ultimately, you might have to do a factory reset.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    05-09-2014 01:35 PM
    I apologize, this seems to be the only way I can find to ask a question. But since this is the getting started forum maybe you can tell me where I go to ask a question specific to a problem I have. When I first found android central there was a button labeled "Ask a question." When I clicked on it I found that I needed to become a member first, so I joined. Now that I am a member I cannot find any place that will allow me to ask a question. I can reply to forums, but I cannot find a place to ask a question. Possibly it has to do with my OS and browser, version of Java or something. Maybe the link is there if everything is working properly, I am using linux mint 16 and the chrome broswer if that is the case. Otherwise, please point me to a place where I can ask a question related to a problem I am having with my HTC incredible. Thank you!
    bembol likes this.
    05-27-2014 10:43 AM
    I apologize, this seems to be the only way I can find to ask a question. But since this is the getting started forum maybe you can tell me where I go to ask a question specific to a problem I have. When I first found android central there was a button labeled "Ask a question." When I clicked on it I found that I needed to become a member first, so I joined. Now that I am a member I cannot find any place that will allow me to ask a question. I can reply to forums, but I cannot find a place to ask a question. Possibly it has to do with my OS and browser, version of Java or something. Maybe the link is there if everything is working properly, I am using linux mint 16 and the chrome broswer if that is the case. Otherwise, please point me to a place where I can ask a question related to a problem I am having with my HTC incredible. Thank you!
    Right here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...id-incredible/
    05-27-2014 11:04 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Neonworm pointed you to the correct forum. To post a question, I suggest that you start a new thread. On the web interface, just click on the big blue button that says "Post New Thread." If you're using the Android Central app, tap on the icon in the top row that looks like a speech balloon with a plus sign in it. There's something similar for the Tapatalk-based Android Central Forums app, but I don't use it, so I can't tell you exactly what it looks like.
    neonworm likes this.
    05-27-2014 03:22 PM
    Looks like the LG G3 may be the best android yet!
    05-31-2014 12:14 PM
    I NEED HELP...... as I was running out of storage on my phone I went in to my application manager and cleared data and disabled certain apps that I dont use, such as google plus, samsung app, exchange services, live wallpaper picker. All my photos have been deleted, and now when I take a photo it wont save.... Anyone have any idea what I can do??
    06-03-2014 04:59 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! What device are you using? Clearly it's from Samsung, but it'd still help to know the exact device and Android version.

We need to know which apps you disabled. If you aren't careful, you might have disabled some system app that is important, and therefore might be contributing to your issues.

I doubt your actual photos are gone. If you had them save to internal storage, use a file manager app to search for them in the /DCIM/Camera directory. I suspect that by clearing app data, you may have just cleared out the database for the Gallery app. See if there is a Refresh option in your Gallery app--it may have to rebuild the thumbnail database. If you had the photos saving to an external SD card, ummount and remove the SD card and insert it into your computer to see if they're still there. Back them up while you have the opportunity.
    06-03-2014 02:30 PM
    Thanks for sharing this awesome list! Maybe it's time for me and my cell to do some exploration.
    I like the "Barcode Scanner - Scans barcodes and gives you links. " you've recommended. Sounds cool.
    06-26-2014 02:09 AM
    -snip-
    -snip-
    -snip-
    (goes on for 12 pages)
    I'm back to answer Q's! (and to relieve some of the weight off of B. Diddy's shoulders. :P ) :thumbup:

---EDIT---
    first post on page 26. Time to start the second quarter of this thread rollin'.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-11-2014 12:07 PM
    I NEED HELP...... as I was running out of storage on my phone I went in to my application manager and cleared data. All my photos have been deleted, and now when I take a photo it wont save?
    -snip-
    data/DCIM/Camera directory is correct. Clearing cache will always erase thumbnails for your photos. (has yet to NOT happen to me) opening the photos app and scrolling through them should let you see them all again. To avoid this, I recommend setting up google photos to automatically sync your photos to the cloud, and manually deleting your camera roll every month or so. As long as you have a data connection you can still see those photos, and send them to people, and they don't bog down your device.

a few other alternatives include setting up tasker to delete them for you after a week of them being taken, but only if the sync process happened already. There's also a great app out there called Vsync Google Drive (I think, my phone is currently flashing a rom, and I can't double-check the name) The app syncs any folder in your phone that you point it at to your drive on the cloud on a specific day/interval of time that you specify. I use it for logs, and memo notes, but nothing says you can't save your pictures that way.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-11-2014 12:22 PM
    I know this will sound stupid, but when I download a podcast to my EE Kestrel phone I can't seem to store it anywhere. It will play immediately but I don't have a folder or anything that's called Podcasts. It doesn't appear in my Downloads. What am I doing wrong?
    08-27-2014 08:36 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure it's downloading when you tap it, or does it start to stream over the web? Streaming audio doesn't save on your device. You could try long-pressing the link for the podcast to see if there is a save option.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    08-27-2014 10:02 PM
632 ... 23242526
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD