Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

TracieH

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Just got a android and I am at a loss on what should be the obvious ways to work it. I am Tracie and I am still loving the android any tips would greatly appreciated!

gizmo4me2

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, nice to be part of a large group of like minded people. Cell phones are here to stay no doubt about it, I am new to the cell phone society and I am looking forward to many years of great news from this group. There are a lot of things I like to get some answers to, so thanks for taking me on board.

gizmo4me2

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The first thing I would like to find out, I got a LG GT 540 and I would love to update it. I got told I had to Root it, sound scary. Anybody here that can put some light on this part. I appreciate it. Have a great weekend.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The first thing I would like to find out, I got a LG GT 540 and I would love to update it. I got told I had to Root it, sound scary. Anybody here that can put some light on this part. I appreciate it. Have a great weekend.
Rooting gives apps the ability to do things they can't do if the phone isn't rooted. It's like "run as administrator" in Windows.

You can officially update the existing firmware without rooting the phone. You have to root it if you want to install some unofficial updates.

The question you should ask yourself is whether you want to update the phone just to update it, or if you have some specific purpose in mind. If the former, don't bother. You won't gain anything, and you risk bricking the phone (turning it into something as useful as a brick).

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Keep getting notice that updates are available after rooting phone.Should I ignore these notices?

It depends. Is it referring to app updates or firmware updates? I would bet it's app updates, because if it's a system update, it wouldn't be plural. It is safe to update apps from the notification.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
set up pass word on my huewei accend forgot pass word now i cant get on it ????
Painful mistake. Unless your carrier can help you, I'd guess you'd have to reset it.

Not sure about this forum, but some that I'm on will not tolerate discussion of how to defeat or bypass security features. Hence my first sentence ... you locked it, you forgot your password, tough luck. Learn to retain and remember passwords (I'm using Lastpass Premium, and it's fantastic).

manmountain

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Greetings, fellow kids,
I am an old guy (72) but my Android devices keep me young. I just bought a LG Esteem and it has changed my life in strange and mysterious ways. I hope to keep up-to-date, learn the latest tricks, and contribute to this forum wherever I am and whenever I feel like it, using my Android phone.

What a wonderful age we have evolved into. I remember using graphite and dead tree products (Articles) evolving into Desktops and hot cathode ray tubes connected through a telephone modem to CompuServe through a 300 baud modem. more revolutionary points were the Internet, the laptop, the cell phone, the Android OS, and now a forum that can be accessed through my phone.

I am a grateful and happy chappie.

John L. Sands

Needtaknow

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. Not an expert but I'm trying to get there. I see so far that the only users that have Gingerbread are those that have rooted their phones and I'm wondering if anyone knows how I'd be able to instal gingerbread w/o rooting my phone or better yet,ICS, even though the upgrade is on hold if for np other reason than the increased battery life? Either way, happy tobe here. I've learned some things already.

Needtaknow

kati jo

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the new digix android 2.2/2.3 tablet. I am trying to download files from my desktop to my tablet and every time I do I get a error message on the computer something about I/O's. Sorry I really don't remember what the message says.

I also don't have the Android market on my tablet all I have is amazon app store.

I have also been trying to download free ebook's from a website that I got off of the amazon app store and it wouldn't let me download.

Does anyone know anything about the digix device?? I can't find any information on the internet.

Please can someone help me with this issue that I am having!!!!

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I see so far that the only users that have Gingerbread are those that have rooted their phones

I'm not sure what device you have, but I'm pretty sure most phones released in the last year have gotten Gingerbread. If your device is older or for some reason hasn't gotten it, your only hope is rooting.

Needtaknow

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Rooted my phone about a week ago and now looking to flashmy first rom which I want to be Zeus. looking for all the information I can find to do this correctly. All feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

Is there a forum just for Samsung infuse 4G owners?

What is the biggest difference between Zeus and Revelation?

What is the best bluetooth ear piece out there?

Last edited by a moderator:

takkos

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
How do you. Fix HTC hero when it says the application HTC sense is not responding and all it does is force closes and won't let me do any thing

djrockstheworld

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I Have Samsung GTI9003 . pls help me out how to turn it on the notification light. Unable to do it pls help...
and my camera settings is giving me pain every time time click a pic its blured reset it so mant time but noting happened pls help...

Cherwill

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there! I am so very new to this. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note and cannot get my PC tor ecognize it when I connect via USB. The phone says it is connected, but we cannot find the device on the pc. What the heck am I doing wrong? Or did I screw something up while goofing around with trying to do something with my camera?

Thanks so much.

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I Have Samsung GTI9003 . pls help me out how to turn it on the notification light. Unable to do it pls help...
and my camera settings is giving me pain every time time click a pic its blured reset it so mant time but noting happened pls help...

Go to settings; Display; Notification light; select what you want and done :)

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi there! I am so very new to this. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note and cannot get my PC tor ecognize it when I connect via USB. The phone says it is connected, but we cannot find the device on the pc. What the heck am I doing wrong? Or did I screw something up while goofing around with trying to do something with my camera?

Thanks so much.

Go to settings; Connect to PC; Change Default, and change your default to Disk Drive. This should fix your problem:) Good Luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12