Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

charterck

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys, I'm new to this forum and need advice if anyone of you had my similar issue, i have an HTC ONE X and it keeps on shutting down lately everytime i restart it it shut down instantly.

thanks guys

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
2) I tried to pay my car registration over the phone the other day which required going through multiple branches of a phone tree (press 1 for this, 5 for that, etc.) and ultimately led to entering my CC#. When I got to the step of entering the expiration date it was as if I had somehow "overloaded" the phone's capacity to accept further keypad inputs. It wouldn't accept any more numeric inputs and the screen would go instantly black everytime I tried to enter something. I thought it might be a problem at the other end so I tried again with exactly the same result at exactly the same point in the process. I did it again on my landline phone with no problem.
The native Android phone app accepts at least 100 digits (I stopped at that point). How many digits were you trying to enter?

---------- Post Merged at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum and need advice if anyone of you had my similar issue, i have an HTC ONE X and it keeps on shutting down lately everytime i restart it it shut down instantly.
Sounds like either a dead battery or a hardware problem. (Bring it to the store and have them check it out.)

sabburudra

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,
I bought Samsung galaxy tab 2 7 inch , i turned off hspa using code *#302179#. Now my net speed reduced from 5mbps to 400 kbps . I want to turn on hspa on my tab, any help is really appreciated .

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Thank you..
For sharing new trix amazing information, but how do you find them all

In the app store. Look for friendcaster. After u log in, u can add another account. To get to that screen tap the little heads icon in the top corner till u get to the accounts screen or just tap accounts from the screen that says news feed, profile, etc. U can also change color scheme. Fweblauncher is another one. U can use it as web or mobile web. But it only let's u be signed into one account at a time. U can use fb app for one account and that launcher one for another. I know it's confusing, just play around. Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Glad I found this thread. Any tips for switching from an SD capable phone to the up and coming Nexus 4??

Unless you absolutely need the SD card space with a sixteen gig device you won't notice much of a difference you may find yourself using things like Google drive drop box to manage on device memory but that's about it:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

1Sh3

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi im a complete android noob but how do I know if I have ics or jelly bean? Im asking because I am currently with sprint samsung galaxy s 3 with 4.1and heard that jelly bean gets the "google now" app and I think the personal assistant thing is cool, like the s voice, but much faster, more accurate, and has better voice recognition. If anybody can help me please email me [removed] thanku in arvance and sry if im on the wrong forum but have been searching this site and cant figure it out.. again, sry and thanku.

Last edited by a moderator:

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi im a complete android noob but how do I know if I have ics or jelly bean? Im asking because I am currently with sprint samsung galaxy s 3 with 4.1and heard that jelly bean gets the "google now" app and I think the personal assistant thing is cool, like the s voice, but much faster, more accurate, and has better voice recognition. If anybody can help me please email me [removed] thanku in arvance and sry if im on the wrong forum but have been searching this site and cant figure it out.. again, sry and thanku.

If u have 4.1 then you have jellybean and need to play with ur phone n figure out Where all that stuff is.. you can Google it also for a faster answer.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

rheamagsisi

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
i have an ainol novo 7 elf II tablet but it won't continue to open. when i turn it on the android logo will appear and then the tablet ainol novo7 elf II will show and then it will stop there. i've turned it off and on many times and it's just the same. i can't use the tablet. what can i do?

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i have an ainol novo 7 elf II tablet but it won't continue to open. when i turn it on the android logo will appear and then the tablet ainol novo7 elf II will show and then it will stop there. i've turned it off and on many times and it's just the same. i can't use the tablet. what can i do?

If u are still under warranty, send it in for repair. It sounds like u may have a corrupted file, mine did the same thing when it did. Are u rooted?

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~