Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

Haasone

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone. I have set up a reminder ringtone in my calendar. When this ringtone goes off to remind me of something on my calendar, how can I immediately silence my phone?

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone. I have set up a reminder ringtone in my calendar. When this ringtone goes off to remind me of something on my calendar, how can I immediately silence my phone?

I believe one tap of the power button should do it.

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN - I.Guy*

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD

omairangel

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a question. How do I post a new thread? I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 for MetroPCS Dual Core processor. I really love the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I want to buy it, but it is not avaialble on MetroPCS. I would have to get from Sprint, since they offer unlimited data. I want the Samsung Note 2 for really web browsing as well as phone calls. Is the Note 2 faster than the S3? Should I buy it from Sprint and forget about MetroPCS? Please someone help. Thanks...

saint satin stain

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

Some phones you can configure silence when you flip them over. I have an S Blaze, it works on it. Explore settings. It is the first thing you do when you get a new de
device. Explore all the settings, you learn most of what you need to know that way. Explore, dont try to remember, and later surprise your self how much you remember. Explore. I've observed, albeit a small sample, that folk ignorant dont know enough to harm their device; it's the folk who believe that they know enough who are dangerous. Explore.

Zanzar

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
on my nexus 4, can i disable google+ and other system apps i dont need without worrying that something wont work anymore? because when i try to deactivate google+, the system tells me that there could be problems if i disable system apps.

Sundus Shahab

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
i spilled water on my samsung galaxy s3. everything is thank god working fine except for the led indicators. the led turns on while i am turning off the phone but not when i am charging or receiving any notifications. have no clue what should i do need serious help...

Jo Drury

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a htc wildfire S and need to transfers some apps from my internal memory which is tiny to my 16G sd card, can someone please tell me how to

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
on my nexus 4, can i disable google+ and other system apps i dont need without worrying that something wont work anymore? because when i try to deactivate google+, the system tells me that there could be problems if i disable system apps.

Most system apps can be disabled. Maps, local, currents, wallet, messenger, g+, even Google search. Nothing SHOULD be damaged, but check here for the ones you want to disable.
http://www.talkandroid.com/guides/b...e-from-your-android-phone-android-4-0-and-up/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
i spilled water on my samsung galaxy s3. everything is thank god working fine except for the led indicators. the led turns on while i am turning off the phone but not when i am charging or receiving any notifications. have no clue what should i do need serious help...

I'm not familiar with the Galaxy S3, but as for any devices, maybe try flashing stock to reset everything? That's a guess, please do research before trying anything I recommend. You should navigate to the page for all things S3 on the forum. They will be able to help you there. :) (sorry, no link available. I'm still trying to figure that out with the AC app)

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a htc wildfire S and need to transfers some apps from my internal memory which is tiny to my 16G sd card, can someone please tell me how to

As with most new devices, tap to settings/apps/[app you want to move to SD card] and there should be an option to "move to SD card" if the option isn't available, I would recommend trying to rid your phone of bloatware.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-wildfire-s/154152-any-bloatware-removal-app-tool-widfire-s.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-wildfire-s/140775-new-phone-virgin-mobile-no-memory.html

jkoford

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I want to get into the "getting stated with Android" section.and your website keeps coming back to this point. I DON'T want to reply to any thread! This is experience with ANDROID, and I'm NOT IMPRESSED!!!

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I want to get into the "getting stated with Android" section.and your website keeps coming back to this point. I DON'T want to reply to any thread! This is experience with ANDROID, and I'm NOT IMPRESSED!!!

....this is the only 'getting started with android' on the forum...... What exactly are you looking for? :/

paulcanberra

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am not sure if this is ok to post my question here... am a newbie

I have a Nexus 4 , created a Google plus account, and took some pics that were uploaded to that account.

I have deleted them off the google plus account , I had to log into my PC to do so, but I cannot delete them when I go into the account on my phone, nor can I delete the instant upload pics in my gallery.

Help please?... and believe me, I really need a step by step version... I have no idea about phones.. obviously... :)

I should also note that I have tried to look into my settings , but there is no 'account and sync' area I can see... only accounts under the settings menu on the Nexus 4. I have my google account (not the google plus account) just there.

I fluked it and disabled my picaso app.. still no joy.

all help would be appreciated .

Paul.

smart guy1

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
hi, i bought samsung grand duos and installed NOVA launcher.. i got a problem in this app. i am unable to remove the extra drawers from the screen. i tried in nova settings but of no use. pls suggest the solution.

Kha_liD

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody; I hope i'm in the right place of this forum to post my question ..
I'm into shifting to android world for the first time, and never experienced the work or use of any android device. Now that i'm going to use an Android smart-device, I know that I have to re-purchase all the apps I had purchased on my iPhone. i'm just concerned about the bookmarks I have on my current iPhone apps, particularly the ones I have in my LDOCE app (Longman Dictionary of contemporary English). If I bought the upcoming Galaxy s4, how could I transfer all the bookmarks? Also, is there any way to sync the accounts I have for the apps i'm going to purchase?
thanks

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
hi, i bought samsung grand duos and installed NOVA launcher.. i got a problem in this app. i am unable to remove the extra drawers from the screen. i tried in nova settings but of no use. pls suggest the solution.

Try holding down your finger on the drawer to long-select, and then drag them to the trash can that should have appeared in one corner/side of the screen..? But do you means drawer, or folder? (Either way, this method should work.)

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I am not sure if this is ok to post my question here... am a newbie

I have a Nexus 4 , created a Google plus account, and took some pics that were uploaded to that account.

I have deleted them off the google plus account , I had to log into my PC to do so, but I cannot delete them when I go into the account on my phone, nor can I delete the instant upload pics in my gallery.

Help please?... and believe me, I really need a step by step version... I have no idea about phones.. obviously... :)

I should also note that I have tried to look into my settings , but there is no 'account and sync' area I can see... only accounts under the settings menu on the Nexus 4. I have my google account (not the google plus account) just there.

I fluked it and disabled my picaso app.. still no joy.

all help would be appreciated .

Paul.

Mind posting screenshots? I got lost reading your post. :/ also, for most android devices, under each individual account is the 'account and sync' option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21