Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello everybody; I hope i'm in the right place of this forum to post my question ..
I'm into shifting to android world for the first time, and never experienced the work or use of any android device. Now that i'm going to use an Android smart-device, I know that I have to re-purchase all the apps I had purchased on my iPhone. i'm just concerned about the bookmarks I have on my current iPhone apps, particularly the ones I have in my LDOCE app (Longman Dictionary of contemporary English). If I bought the upcoming Galaxy s4, how could I transfer all the bookmarks? Also, is there any way to sync the accounts I have for the apps i'm going to purchase?
thanks

As far as I understand, apple and android run on different systems (obviously), so the apps run in different formats. Because of that, I'm very sure that importing/exporting bookmarks (unless they're saved online in the app database) would be more trouble than it's worth. If your dictionary app does have an online account that you have/had to log in, check under the settings for 'save bookmarks online' or something of the sort. If the bookmarks are saved to your phone offline, and can't be put online, then I'm afraid you'll have to input them all over again by hand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please tell me why my Samsung Tab 10.1 will not recognize my 64 GB micro sd card

Screenshot? Also, have you tried formatting the card, checking it's in the right way? By the way, formatting will erase all the content in your card. Also, maybe a simple reboot might work.

Jaybin

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Gmail Tips and Tricks

The new Gmail update does not seem to have the option to enlarge the text do you know anything about this? Thanks, J

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Gmail Tips and Tricks

The new Gmail update does not seem to have the option to enlarge the text do you know anything about this? Thanks, J

In the new version, by tapping the top three buttons (menu button), choosing settings, then general settings, second from the bottom you'll find an option titled ' auto fit messages'. By turning that option on, it now gives you the option to use the pinch zoom in feature. I hope this is what you were looking for.

Kha_liD

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for replying ...
Unfortunately, it doesn't have an online account. There are 2 options of exporting bookmarks. One to iCloud, and the other is labeled as "Export & mail". The option of restoring is only available from iCloud via an option named as "iCloud Restore". So, I'm not sure what's the point of Export & mail since it's not possible to restore from mail or file. I might have to send an email to the developer.

Neha Rai

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am using samsung phone(Model No.-GTS5660). I cannot connect to internet and load web pages even though my wi fi is connected.Please help me.

hamzakhusro

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
solve odin mode problem .. rooting

I am trying to root my samsung galaxy mini ... my friend told me i can go to recovery mode by pressing the volume down button home button and power button ..... i pressed them and went to odin mode where nothing us happening i search and search how to solve but i cant find anythin useful!!!!! I gert so angry!! Please reply quick and tell me what to do for rooting in samsung galaxy mini also ... will be really ggrateful... alllllllll the methods to rgo to recovery mode which i search on net dont work please reply me with something useful :-\

klamdroid

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Help. (First I can't figure out how to start a new thread, so I'm trying to do it this way.) I've a droid razr maxx. Lately, I get apps downloaded - mostly games all day long. They are not installed on the phone nor in the play store. The only thing I can do is remove it from the home screen it finds itself on. By the end of the day I will have shortcuts for 5 or so games. Again, I can't go uninstall it. And, I have uninstalled anything that looks associated with it, say other games my kids installed. The other apps all look legit or apps I've used before the problem. Help. Thanks.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
They're just shortcuts. What happens is that sometimes some apps push some shortcuts to your home screen, claiming that it'll help keep their app free. It won't harm your phone.
Just read the description of the last few apps you downloaded. One of them will have the above written.

Sent From My Note 2.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPad Keyboard

I Pad keyboard is the most important for using I pad. In Our website the [Moderator edit.] is most popular. Huge number of people using our i pad keyboard and praising of our keyboard. You can also use our i pad keyboard.

What is it that you make again?
Oh that's right, i pad keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator:

josh1992

May 14, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Infuse constantly shuts itself off without warning but always comes back on. This time it won't. It is stuck on the black screen with SAMSUNG flashing on and off.
I tried taking out the battery, leaving it out for awhile and putting it back in. Before I even try to turn it on, it's starts flashing SAMSUNG again.
I've tried holding the power button down and still nothing. I havent tried to do a hard reset yet because there is stuff on there I want to try to save if possible.
Any ideas what's wrong or what I should do??

scmagnolia

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Vlingo is the Upgrade to Apple's Siri Voice Commands

I tried to download Vlingo, but it said that my device wasn't compatible. I have a Nexus 10 tablet. There are other similar apps, but I have absolutely no idea what to choose. Any advice would be greatly appreciated:) thanks

Dibash Shakya

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello... I am new to this forum... plz help me solve my cell phone problem...
I got a samsung galaxy note 2 about 3 months ago. I have noticed that it responds slow to touch while playing games like subway surfer... I used to think that its the problem with all the android devices but i just came to know that it might be only the problem with my device. Please help me how to solve this issue... and ya i have also tried turning of power saver mode... still the touch respose slow to my finger while the game play and graphics are nice...

Last edited:

Jason Allen2

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a rooted lg optimus, I was saving my memory with rom and my usb came unplugged. The screen froze on the Download in progess. Do not disconnect screen. I've been reading these blogs and trying all the hold volume down or up with home button suggestions. None of these worked, the screen is still frozen and the phone wont shut off unless i take the battery out, as soon as i replace it the phone turns back on without power button is it hard bricked. Can someone please help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz