Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

Tribesman

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Samsung s4 mini led notification lights not working

Love phone: on yahoo email account , i cannot get any sound notification on mail arrival. Anyone solve this. otherwise great phone.

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung s4 mini led notification lights not working

Love phone: on yahoo email account , i cannot get any sound notification on mail arrival. Anyone solve this. otherwise great phone.

Hi Tribesman,
Welcome to Android Central Forums!

You havn't said what phone you have, but i'll tell you how it works on a Sumsung Galaxy S2 (my phone).

Open your emails.
Click on the bottom left of your phone to bring up different options. Click more.
Click account settings.
Scroll down to Notification settings.
The first underneath is Email notifications (which should be ticked).
The next is Select Ringtone.
Click on that and there are different options to choose from.
I hope that helps :)

If not go back to the forums and scroll down until you find the make of your phone, go into that and look for your model (you may have to click through a few levels to get to your model), then try posting your question there.

Enjoy yr new phone :p
Helen

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AC Forums mobile app

jorrdann kell

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
what is the problem if the android OS wasn't able to load the whole system.... just stuck in loading after pressing the on button of tablet.... can anyone help me thanks!!!!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
what is the problem if the android OS wasn't able to load the whole system.... just stuck in loading after pressing the on button of tablet.... can anyone help me thanks!!!!

Hi, and welcome to Android Central! You'll probably get more answers if you post here instead: General Help and How To - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com. Adding posts to this thread won't make your question very visible, because people will still see the thread as "Android Tips & Tricks," rather than "Please help, my tablet won't boot!"

Be sure to include the brand and model of your tablet, and the Android version, if you know it.

AndiKikaa

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I need help with my galaxy s4 :(

I dont know what's going on, when I download or install any aplication my galaxy s4 just turns off.....!!!! this thing happen when I turn on the wifi. Can someone halp me?!

ahouss

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Messaging Tips and Tricks

Is there a setting that turns messaging off for a time period? I was looking at my messaging the past couple mornings, it says messaging unavailable and then it suddenly becomes available? There are quite a few text messages in there and yet my messaging folder looks empty during that time?

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Greetings! I just activated a Samsung Skyrocket on Consumer Cellular. I was able to set up Data settings with their help but cannot send or receive picture messages. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Consumer Cellular says not all phones are supported. I cannot believe that is the case with a Skyrocket! Help! Thanks,

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Messaging Tips and Tricks

Is there a setting that turns messaging off for a time period? I was looking at my messaging the past couple mornings, it says messaging unavailable and then it suddenly becomes available? There are quite a few text messages in there and yet my messaging folder looks empty during that time?

Welcome to Android Central! I'm not aware of any settings that perform that function, at least for the stock messaging app. What phone do you have? Try posting your question in that device's forum--you might get more responses than in this thread. If your device doesn't have its own forum, post here: General Help and How To - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Greetings! I just activated a Samsung Skyrocket on Consumer Cellular. I was able to set up Data settings with their help but cannot send or receive picture messages. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Consumer Cellular says not all phones are supported. I cannot believe that is the case with a Skyrocket! Help! Thanks,

Welcome to Android Central! Try posting your question here: Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Is your mobile data (i.e., 3G/4G) on? In general, you can't send or receive pics unless that's on--it won't work over wifi.

Jeffry Calhoun

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Is there a 4.2.2 manual somewhere? Just got a Galazy tab 2 10.1, and it immediately updated to 4.2.2. Now the screens do not match the manual, which was for an older android version. Samsung only has manual for older android version or other models. I've been using a Galaxy S3 for a while, but it uses a phone verison of
Android that is older. I am having a lot of difficulty doing things- very frustrated for two days- help! Can do very little! (done from my Mac laptop- well, now you know why). Also, could not figure out how to post a question in a forum- this is the first place I found a place to respond.

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Is there a 4.2.2 manual somewhere? Just got a Galazy tab 2 10.1, and it immediately updated to 4.2.2. Now the screens do not match the manual, which was for an older android version. Samsung only has manual for older android version or other models. I've been using a Galaxy S3 for a while, but it uses a phone verison of
Android that is older. I am having a lot of difficulty doing things- very frustrated for two days- help! Can do very little! (done from my Mac laptop- well, now you know why). Also, could not figure out how to post a question in a forum- this is the first place I found a place to respond.

Hi Jeffry and Welcome to Android Central :)
I've been trying to reply to you all day, but after I'd start the post something would come up.
I can't help you with the tablet problem sorry, but I can explain how to submit a new thread/topic, and guide you to where your more likely to get some answers.

I'll assume your on the Android Central website, and not on one of the apps, they are all a bit different.

To start a topic find the forum you want to put it in (eg the one your in now is "General Help and How to").
Then under the heading (in this case it would say "GENERAL HELP AND HOW TO") there should be a blue box that says "POST NEW THREAD", click on that.
Put in your title, then explain your problem and what you need etc in the message box.
Then under the message box should be another blue box "SUBMIT NEW THREAD". next to that is the option to preview the post. Either way when your happy with it click the submit new thread box. Then its out there for people to read as a new thread.

If you want an email sent whenever someone posts in your thread, scroll down and there are "additional options", click in the box to subscribe to the thread, then choose the email option you want in the drop down arrow box. I can't remember if that's available before or after you post new thread.

There are 3 forums that I think would be more likely to get answers:
1. is the one your in now, the "GENERAL HELP AND HOW TO" forum (a sub forum really), which is in the "ANDROID CENTRAL COMMUNITY" forum.
2. is the "ANDROID 4.1/4.2/4.3 JELLY BEAN" forum. Its not far down from the Android Central Community forum.
3. is the "SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2 10.1" forum, which is way down the list, past all the phones and down a bit in the list of tablets.

I'm sorry if I've given you way too much information, but if I've not covered anything feel free to come back here and ask me. I've subscribed to this topic anyway so I'll know when anyone posts here. That's why I saw yours. Or you can PM me (send me a Private Message) by clicking on my name, Nana Helen, and in my details is an option to send me a private message.

Good luck with your tablet and hope to see you around :)

Helen

Sent from my MID using AC Forums mobile app

hbarnabas

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I'm using Windows XP on my netbook wich support will be ended on 8th april 2014... I think it can't run Win 7, so I want to install Android 4.4 (or newer in the future) to it, but I've got a big problem.
Now I'm using Auto Power ON&Shut Down to automaticly wake my netbook up from total standby and after a time shut it down (hibernate). I've been searching for a similar Android app for 3 months and yesterday I found that Android 4.x versions can do it as default setting (without any apps). Is it true?
Or if not, does anyone have such an app? (The netbook need to be totally turned off.)

bensontf

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi All! I am using Galaxy Note. I never had an issue before. Today my phone has started behaving weird. There is beep sound of the notification but i dont get to see any notifications in the status bar. And when i press the power key it shows only 2 options like on ur phone and off ur phone. And when i press and hold the home button i dont get to see the recent visited apps which i used to clear before.

Please help me resolve the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool