Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks

xxx007xx

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
PRL....? need it for metro pcs to cricket... phones been flashed

im having issues with my phone reading metro pcs after i flashed it..are u able to write a prl for this...if so how. i flashed it to cricket

wlp61968

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Gmail issue

I had my gmail acct before I purchased my droid. The sales person help me activate everything on phone but now I cant access gmail acct from PC or laptop.

Any idea why or how I can fix it???

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I had my gmail acct before I purchased my droid. The sales person help me activate everything on phone but now I cant access gmail acct from PC or laptop.

I think I am having the same issue, I am use to have my emails show up on both my computer and my cell which up until yesterday was a BB

Now I have lost some important emails
I am sure I don't have it set up correctly maybe someone can point me in the right direction

BURNBABYBERN

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Which is better samsung galaxy s captivate vs. Sony ericson xperia x10?

Hello everyone!! I really need some of your opinion re: Which is better because i would like to make sure which one is best before i committed myself with these phones. Thanks

sweet_lee

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
words with friends

I have an HTC droid incredible and have installed Words with friends. About a week ago the game started making me have to log in each time I open the game, whereas before, the game always kept me logged in. It's annoying because each time it is my turn to play, I have to take the time to type in my email address again. Does anyone else have this problem or have a solution?

Thanks

zeggie61

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Totally Lost

I am new to the Android world. Just traded up my BB. I have a HTC Evo 4G. Ihave been trying to figure out how to put music from my PC.

sperson

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Much appreciation for the Guide. It is far better than the unreadable manual that was downloadable once I had purchased the Android AT&T Captivate. Not all things work exactly the same way, but the manual is so clear that I can generally figure out if the activity is disabled or not present on the Captivate. Wonderful work!

cschad37

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
gentouch78

Looking for somone familiar/experienced with gentouch78, I have one Version2 I have several issues with. I would like to disscus these with someone. Maybe we could help each other out. Does anyone know why I keep getting the error message (no phone listed with this account,when I just went through the fix for that yesterday) I keep getting that when I try to download an app. Is the gentouch not compatable since it has no phone number to list in android market account? Thanks Chuck

Tyler Durden2112

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile

Looking for a new phone. What is the best phone T-Mobile is offering? I Don't want to be burned by a first gen. Only to have a better model offered 6 months latter. Help Please!

anon(279191)

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
New to the Android Central Website !!!

Hello I'm a brand new owner to the HTC Inspire 4G on At&t !! Happy to find out all that it has to offer !! Ready to learn all I can from all the friends on Android Central !!

t-evo

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
EVO - Rooting failed using (Simple Root) Radio_V2-PU.. Please help.

This is the link of the how to:

YouTube - What is "Root"?: How To Root Your Sprint Evo 4G (Part 1 of 3)

(There are three parts to it)

Anyway, I did it exactly as he said it, but I came to realize I had a different version from the one he was rooting.. so yeah. Messed up my phone.

While updating my droid I got a fail in the update: radio_v2-PU. Now my phone freezes in the HTC white screen when I start my phone. I tried clearing data, recovering, re-starting the process that video game me, placing a different zip image PC34IMG.zip, RUU, BLAAAAAAAHH. Help!!!!! :confused:

Thanks in advance. In return I plan on posting how I fixed it on here so people in my situation can get their phones fixed cuz this sucks.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello! I have the LG Optimus M for Metro PCS, and I have no idea how to create a new photo album in the gallery.

I would like to be able to organize my pictures into different albums rather than just having them all grouped together in one.

Any help would be appreciated.
Great question. I added this topic:

Copy & Sync Music, Photos, and documents to your phone

To copy photos, music, or other files to your phone:
1. Connect your phone to your PC with your USB cable.
2. Swipe down the top notifications bar.
3. Click on Just Charging and change to Disk Drive.
4. When your phone pops up on your PC as a new USB drive, go into file explorer.
5. Create a folder called "Photos" "Music" or "Documents" on your phone if it's not already there.
6. Drag and drop photos (or music) folders as subdirectories to create album.
7. When done, right click on the phone drive letter and click "Eject" & disconnect.

You might have your photos in albums like this on your phone to match your PC:
/Photos/2011-Spring-Break
/Photos/2011-Summer

Your music might again be in albums to match your PC:
/Music/The Beatles/White Album
/Music/The Beatles/Revolver

There are also great apps like Winamp (free) DoubleTwist ($5) that let you sync music or photos wirelessly.

Last edited:
Reactions: jean15paul

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

Go to gmail.com and enter your username. If your password does not work when you log in, click the link to have them send it to you again.

Last edited:

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I think I am having the same issue, I am use to have my emails show up on both my computer and my cell which up until yesterday was a BB

Now I have lost some important emails
I am sure I don't have it set up correctly maybe someone can point me in the right direction
You have a setting in your phone email account set to delete the email once you download it to your phone. Change it so that looking at an email on your phone does not delete it from the server.

This is the key section under Email Tips and Tricks:

Send & Receive Settings
To set Send & Receive Settings: Tap Menu > More > Settings > Send & Receive Settings
- • Set download frequency to be less often to save battery.
- • If your phone shares email with your office or home computer you probably want to set "Delete mail on server" to Off.

Last edited:

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I would like to unroot my phone which I rooted from unrevoked but can't seem to get the job done. I need simple steps to make this happen. Will doing a hard reset on phone and set it back to factory settings do the trick?
Question about rooting or specific phones need the expertise of those special Android Forums. This is just for these 20 topics.

Last edited:

everlyd

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
help

i rooted my phone and changed rom but then wanted to back normal so i wiped
data/factory settings and now my phone wont work it gets to the screen but i
cant find apps menu or nothing i neeeeed helppppp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member