Hi,

I am new to this forum. I had recently purchased Lenovo P780 mobile. Great mobile - gives me 40+ hours of talk time.

However after using it for some time now, I found that the default camera App that comes along with it, called Super Camera, has all of a sudden, stopped storing the pictures to the external SD Card. Sometimes it takes pictures, but when I try to access them using the Super Gallery App, I can only see a blank thumbnail. Sometimes even the blank thumbnails are missing. Sometimes when I start the Super Camera App I get the message "Please enter the external SD card".

If I try to browse the DCIM folder (where the Super Camera App is supposed to store the pictures) in the external SD card, the files are not there.

Strangely, a few of the pictures I had taken earlier and which were stored in the same SD card, using the same app, are visible. Only those pictures that I had taken before 10th Sep. 2013 are visible. Beside there is a file in the DCIM folder named contiuous_2013910*** (without any extension) which refuses to get deleted or renamed.

Since the internal storage is a paltry 4 GB, I need to be able to write to the external SD card. Any suggestions?

Thanking in advance,

V. Aditya Pratap
    09-20-2013 12:53 AM
    Welcome to Android Central!

First of all, I assume you've checked the Camera's Settings to make sure it is still set to save pictures to the external SD card, correct?

You might be having a problem with your SD card. Try using a different SD card and see if the same problem occurs.
    09-20-2013 12:55 AM
    Ok, I'll try a new SD Card.
    09-20-2013 01:13 AM
    If the new SD card works, then take out the old one, plug it into a desktop or laptop, and copy over the intact photos and files to your computer as soon as possible, because the problems you're having might be a warning sign that the card is about to fail.
    09-20-2013 01:25 AM
    i also had the same problem with lenovo p 780 new memory card 16 gb it works fine but the data is not shown in super galary from memory card. and also data can be accessed from file manager but dose not display in supper galary and if i restart the phone then data is displayed in super galary is there any solution for this please let me know .
    11-19-2013 12:19 AM
    Hi,

I have the exact same problem with a 32 GB SD card. Also, I am not able to copy any music onto the card.
    Please help
    12-27-2013 11:26 PM
    Hello there, i have the same problem with sd card. Did you find a solution about this ?

- - - Updated - - -

Hello there, i have the same problem with sd card. Did you find a solution about this ?
    01-09-2014 06:31 PM