Cannot log into Words with Friends and other apps via Facebook

bercg

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
When I attempt to log into Words with Friends using my Facebook account I cannot get past this confirmation screen (see attachment) because non of the buttons respond. Pressing OK, Skip or the Friends Icon creates no response. It's as if these buttons are not active. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling WWF, the Facebook app, downloading the .apk of an older version of Facebook, and resetting my phone, everything I can think of. I have tried to login WITHOUT the Facebook app installed but every time it brings me to this screen and the buttons are non-responsive. This doesn't just occur with WWF but appears to be a problem with the built in Facebook login. The Facebook app itself works fine when I open it to access Facebook and I'm logged in there fine. I just can't log into any OTHER app using my FACEBOOK account because it gets stuck at this confirmation screen that the apps default to and the buttons are always frozen/non-responsive. It's REALLY frustrating.

I have tried sending the request for WWF mobile to access my Facebook account from the Facebook site itself and this does nothing. Uninstalling the Facebook app takes me to the web based login and then after I enter my username and password there it goes BACK to this confirmation page where it gets stuck again. It seems I cannot get around running into this stupid frozen page.

I have tried signing in with an email address and that doesn't work either. It always says my password is incorrect even though I have changed it, confirmed it multiple times, created a new account with Zynga and changed the password there more than once. It NEVER works. This last issue is not as important as I REALLY want to be able to log in with my Facebook account as that is where all my games are.

Is this feature just broken and I just have to accept it? I never had an issue like this on iOS. My phone is the LG Optimus F7. And yes all my apps are updated to the latest versions, God knows I've uninstalled and redownloaded and installed the Facebook app from the Google Play Store multiple times. Does anyone else have this problem?

Edit: A couple of times upon failing to login when the Facebook App isn't active it has given me the error #1118578. I googled it and it appears to be a known issue (https://developers.facebook.com/bugs/284709068314243) . It's too technical for me though and I would think that a hugely popular game like WWF and Facebook could get their act together instead of leaving us in this mess. I just want to play my game. I never had any issues like this on iOS. It JUST WORKED. I'm seriously starting to regret switching.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-20-23-30-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-20-23-30-30.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
What device are you using?

I don't play any of those types of facebook games, but my wife does on her Galaxy S3 (she plays Words With Friends and some other things). She's never had any issues logging in with her facebook account. I really don't know what to tell you here as it appears you've tried anything I would have suggested (uninstalling, reinstalling, resetting the phone).

Sorry...not much help.