Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint SPH-L720) - Custom ROM WiFi Not Working

mightymo77

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I flashed the latest nightly and stable Cyanogenmod yesterday and it as garbage. Keyboard wasn't working, wifi, lots and lots of problems. Then I flashed Vision-X, which was very nice, however my wifi was not working. I figured it was the kernel so I tried to download one and flash it, didn't fix it. So I went back to stock. Then I came across Omega ROM, which looks amazing. I want it, but I'm afraid that if I go through the flashing process, the wifi won't work again, and to get it back to stock is time consuming. I came across this page: [REF] GALAXY S4 (I9500/I9505) GSM / NON-HLOS.bin - MODEM'S Collection (Odin/CWM/TWRP) - xda-developers

which is supposed to let you flash one of those files in odin and it corrects the wifi issue. The problem is, how in the world are you supposed to know what version to get? There's like 50 listed. I have a Sprint SPH-L20, which is another thing that confuses me, I figured out it's a "I9505", but no where on the box, or in the phone does it say "I9505", so how is anyone supposed to know this? If someone can answer that I would appreciate it.

So if anyone can figure out which of those modem files to get, and how you came up with the answer, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Untitled.png

Hello mightymo77

The screenshot attached says that the letters next to the modem firmware are a certain code that varies by individual phone. Different countries have different codes. Use the Samsung Firmware Checker to get your code. I can't tell you which one because it is specific to individual phones.

KryspyDoughnut

mightymo77

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh that's another thing I forgot to mention. I did that and this is what I came up with:

SPH-L720 null
PDA: L720VPUAMF9
CSC: L720SPTAMF9
MODEM: L720VPUAMF9
Added: 2013-06-25

That modem ID, L720VPUAMF9, is not listed.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer