What the heck... Google Now TTS wont read definitions

helpmeoutplz

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey. I have a Galaxy S4 and one of my favorite things to do on it was look up words. It was a great feature where all I would have to do is tap the microphone button and say "Definition blahblah" and then the definition of blahblah would pop up and be read out loud by the Text To Speech thing. It was awesome doing it to people because they would shut up and listen to my phone tell them whats what. But now my Google Now wont read definitions. Its is really annoying. I played around with the settings in the app and even with the TTS settings in the Language and Output in the My Device area of the phone settings but nothing is working. It still does TTS for other things like weather but just not for definitions of words. Does yours read definitions? Please help me out. PLZ

:mad:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Open Google Now > Settings > Voice > Speech Output. Make sure the 'informative only' or 'always' option is selected. Also, is your command the same? What happens if you say, "what is the definition of..."?

helpmeoutplz

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey yeah i put Always on the Voice Output Setting and tried Informative Only too...

I also tried asking "what is the definition of", that didnt work either. Usually I would just say "definition" and the word. The definition comes up in text but is not read aloud. But funnily enough, i did try asking "What is the definition of Google" and the wikipedia result was read out loud. Also worked for Yahoo and Nintendo. Pretty funny but not what i was looking for

steve1time

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
This happens on mine too. I fixed it by unticking search on Google.com domain in the Google settings app/Google search.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781