So I am on Verizon, and for financial reasons, need to STAY on Verizon (I get 20% off bill through my company and I travel and need nationwide coverage).

So, rumours I am reading say the new Nexus 5 won't support LTE on Verizon. I ordered a new Galaxy S IV but sent it back 'cause I HATED the UI and esepcially hated all the useless apps Verizon loads I can't delete. Plus, I'd like to get 4,.4 ASAP.

Do I have any options for a pure Android experience phone on Verizon? Is the HTC One maybe a possibility?

THanks.
    09-24-2013 09:16 AM
    So I am on Verizon, and for financial reasons, need to STAY on Verizon (I get 20% off bill through my company and I travel and need nationwide coverage).

So, rumours I am reading say the new Nexus 5 won't support LTE on Verizon. I ordered a new Galaxy S IV but sent it back 'cause I HATED the UI and esepcially hated all the useless apps Verizon loads I can't delete. Plus, I'd like to get 4,.4 ASAP.

Do I have any options for a pure Android experience phone on Verizon? Is the HTC One maybe a possibility?

THanks.
    i don't think so.

i have a big comparable discount with Sprint but i'm leaving them as soon as the Nexus 5 drops and switching to AT&T GoPhone no contract plan. Unlimited Talk/Text and 2GB LTE Data for $60/Month. you can buy another 1GB of data each month as needed for $10. i like this plan, i like this price (it's less than Sprint even after discounts), and i'm confident that AT&T has good nationwide coverage. i like the freedom a GSM carrier offers with plug and play SIM cards and ability to BYOD - and a pure Android Nexus direct from Google. also i'm tired of the chains of contracts. just something to consider.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=mPyEb2I9
    09-24-2013 09:25 AM
    In my opinion, the closest to stock look/feeling device is the Moto X. It's a .05" larger screen (diagonally), but in a smaller device. Mostly stock with the obvious addition of touchless controls, active notifications, etc. I strongly recommend that device (I own it as well). Other than that, major players this fall (in order from closest to stock to furthest) are the Droid series, the HTC One, the LG G2 and the Note 3.
    09-24-2013 09:27 AM
    Moto X is the closest you'll get.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-24-2013 09:28 AM
    I would look into the moto x. Has the look and feel of a nexus and it's pretty much stock android. I am in the same boat as you I wanted another nexus device but am also on Verizon. Since Google bought Motorola they have made there phones with pretty much a stock UI. They might not get the updates as fast as a nexus but since Google owns them they shouldn't be that far behind.

Sent from my A500 using AC Forums mobile app
    benhmadison likes this.
    09-24-2013 09:29 AM
    I'm pretty sure the Moto X will see 4.4. Perhaps not soon, but in my opinion (which is unsupported) it should get it.

You'll need to get a Nexus device or one of the GPE devices which will be one of the first to get 4.4.
    09-24-2013 09:36 AM
    i don't think so.

i have a big comparable discount with Sprint but i'm leaving them as soon as the Nexus 5 drops and switching to AT&T GoPhone no contract plan. Unlimited Talk/Text and 2GB LTE Data for $60/Month. you can buy another 1GB of data each month as needed for $10. i like this plan, i like this price (it's less than Sprint even after discounts), and i'm confident that AT&T has good nationwide coverage. i like the freedom a GSM carrier offers with plug and play SIM cards and ability to BYOD - and a pure Android Nexus direct from Google. also i'm tired of the chains of contracts. just something to consider.

Prepaid Cell Phone Plans, GoPhone Plans, & Prepaid Smartphone plans from AT&T
    I went buy the AT&T store to check this out, they said there is no such $60 deal. The unlimited text/talk and 2GB Data was $95. Where did you see this may I ask?
    09-25-2013 11:57 AM
    I went buy the AT&T store to check this out, they said there is no such $60 deal. The unlimited text/talk and 2GB Data was $95. Where did you see this may I ask?
    how did you miss the link at the bottom of my post?
    09-25-2013 03:48 PM
    Apparently, i am completely blind LOL
    09-25-2013 04:13 PM
    What do you think?
    09-25-2013 07:01 PM
    I would say the Moto X is your best bet. Maybe the Maxx if you need a long lasting battery.

Sent from my white Moto X
    09-25-2013 07:48 PM