For xmas last year i got an ipad 2 and loved it!! but it fell off my car last year sna smashed, so this past xmas my dad got me a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1

I have been loving it so far to this date but as i just realized the android device will not update to android 4.2 or 4.3.It says is updated to as far as it can and i keep hitting the button but it keeps saying " the latest updates havwe already been installed!!

how do i go about fixing this
    09-24-2013 11:45 PM
    For xmas last year i got an ipad 2 and loved it!! but it fell off my car last year sna smashed, so this past xmas my dad got me a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1

I have been loving it so far to this date but as i just realized the android device will not update to android 4.2 or 4.3.It says is updated to as far as it can and i keep hitting the button but it keeps saying " the latest updates havwe already been installed!!

how do i go about fixing this
    Welcome to the AC Forums!

Well, sorry to say that the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is stuck on 4.1.1 (4.1.2 for the AT&T version) as official updates go. If you really want the latest available version of Android you'll have to root and install custom ROMs. However, I wouldn't advise it unless you really understand the process since you can brick the device and end up with a tablet that is no longer functional.

is there a specific reason why you want to update the device other than wanting to be on the latest and greatest?
    09-24-2013 11:50 PM