youtube - error has occured

bahamut zero

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. I am pretty new to android (I bought my nexus 4 a couple of days ago) and I am facing my first problem. When I am trying to access the youtube app I cant log in and I get an error code. The weird thing is that this happened a couple of hours ago.It worked perfectly before.. What should i do? I tried clearing the cache and installing an old version but it still isnt working. Any ideas??
Screenshot_2013-09-26-19-31-06.png

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming that you have an active data connection, and that other Google apps work just fine and let you sign in? Did you take the update that just started rolling out yesterday? It might (and this is honestly a long shot) be a bug that needs to be ironed out with the new version.

And as always, did you reboot your device to see if this resolved the issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been seeing a number of posts in Google+ about problems with the new YouTube update, in terms of connectivity. Hopefully they'll patch it really soon.

bahamut zero

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The first thing to do was to reboot my nexus but my issue wasnt resolved... I dont know if youtube updated since I have set my device to auto-update. All the other google apps work perfectly and let me sign in.

Edit. I checked my sister's phone and she has exactly the same issue with youtube. She says she has it for a couple of weeks. She is using a Samsung galaxy ace..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I just updated my Asus TF300, and got that error. But it cleared after clearing the app cache and data.

Posted via Android Central App

bahamut zero

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It got fixed on my nexus 4 on its own for a while and then I got the error message again..It looks like a bug actually or a problem in google servers.

Edit: It is definitely a bug and it seems to happen when I am on wi fi. Switching to cellular immediately fixes the bar on the left and lets me access my account.

Malice Sarkozi

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Asus TF101. The same problem. But I think that it's Google servers problem because I deleted Youtube app & return to preinstalled version on my device (ver. 3.5.5). But the problem is still here..
And yes - switching to cellular cellular immediately fixes the bar on the left and lets me access my account. But is funky crazy.... watch HD video using cellular..
I made petition from my device in app.. Maybe i will receive answer... -)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34