Polaris to Word: incorrect line break

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I want to convert my Polaris Office document (from Asus Transformer Pad) into a Word document (Computer).
When I open my Polaris document in Word, the lines are broken incorrectly.
I tried the 'line break tool' in Word, but the words are still broken incorrectly to the next line.
Like: The words are br
oken incorrectly.

Can someone please help me?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I want to convert my Polaris Office document (from Asus Transformer Pad) into a Word document (Computer).
When I open my Polaris document in Word, the lines are broken incorrectly.
I tried the 'line break tool' in Word, but the words are still broken incorrectly to the next line.
Like: The words are br
oken incorrectly.

Can someone please help me?

Welcome to the forums!
I don't know how to get it to Word, but You can try Kingsoft Office for Android. It is a better PDF viewer anyway, and I think MS can read it. If not, you can get Kingsoft for you PC.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds as if Polaris puts soft word breaks (or other non-printing characters) into words for its own purposes (WordStar used to do this), and Word sees them as word delimiters. You need a program that strips off non-printing characters, so Word only sees what you see. Any program that stips the high bit will do, but since most formats are known, so the problem doesn't occur, there probably aren't any programs out there to do that any more.

See if you can export the file from Polaris as plain text, or "without formatting" or something like that. Word would handle that better.

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your replies.
I downloaded the Kingsoft Office app on my tablet.
After opening my Polarisdocument in Kingsoft Office, I saved it on my USB.

Now Word (on my computer) breaks the lines correctly!

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your replies.
I downloaded the Kingsoft Office app on my tablet.
After opening my Polarisdocument in Kingsoft Office, I saved it on my USB.

Now Word (on my computer) breaks the lines correctly!

Thanks

Glad it worked.
Thanks for posting the follow up.
Hope to see you in the forums!

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

coachsteved

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue; but "clear formatting" did not work for me. I also tried the "change style set" I read somewhere else.

It is interesting, as I scrolled through different styles, the change in font size shifted which w
ords were messe
d up - which is ann
oying.

What did work is Select ALL > Copy > Paste (in new WORD document) and choose "keep text only" (MERGE formatting also works, but KEEP SOURCE formatting did NOT).

Thanks, Steven D, Samsung S4 Active

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz