Hi, I use to have iPhone 4 and now I have Galaxy S4; Since I got this new phone I get this interference noise every now and then. The noise is like the old time mobile phone noise that you use to get when a new call was about to ring. This noise zzz zzz zzz is coming out of any turned on devices that have speakers. I never had this problem with my iphone!

Is this normal for this type of phones or is there any problem with my phone?

Thanks in advance.
    09-28-2013 06:53 AM
    Hello, welcome to the forums!

No, that's not normal!
    You should take the phone back and exchange it, if you still have time.

I would say there's something going on with that phone.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    09-28-2013 07:32 AM
    Are you saying that other, wireless devices with speakers (like a baby monitor) will make noises occasionally if they're near your phone? That actually is normal, and my wife's iPhone 5 does it as well. You'll probably see it more with devices that have Google Now activated because of how often it updates, but Android phones tend to do more stuff while idle, like updating widgets, so it will happen more often with them anyway.

If it's your phone making the noises then it's a problem.
    09-30-2013 09:23 AM
    GSM produces VERY fast rise-time signals. That produces a very high effective power as far as things like speakers are concerned. (You can actually get that effect in a speaker not connected to anything but a couple of feet of wire.) If your iPhone was on a CDMA carrier, and you switched to a GSM carrier, that would account for the change. Also, different individual phones produce different amounts of interference. You may have has a GSM iPhone that was at the quiet end and an S4 that's at the noisy end.

Either way, it's normal to hear noises in other equipment when using a GSM phone. It happens every time the phone transmits.
    09-30-2013 02:20 PM