I want to replace "System/lib/modules" and "Sysltem/lib/hw" with the other ROM's modules and hw folder. I simply copy pasted but I am getting installation aborted error in CWM. Any help please?
    09-28-2013 10:53 AM
    I want to replace "System/lib/modules" and "Sysltem/lib/hw" with the other ROM's modules and hw folder. I simply copy pasted but I am getting installation aborted error in CWM. Any help please?
    You need to make sure the property read/write permissions are set. You can set the permissions with root accessible file manager Apps, such as Root Explorer. I'm not familiar with setting the proper read/write permissions for these types of mods, so you may need to ask in the root/hack forums or check with the developers of the ROMs you are pulling from.
    09-28-2013 11:52 AM
    To add to what skrmagnus said, swapping of lib files and other configuration files is a tricky deal. Many times its trial and error and other times it takes modifying then to work properly with the device and OS.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums App.
    09-28-2013 12:00 PM
    You need to make sure the property read/write permissions are set. You can set the permissions with root accessible file manager Apps, such as Root Explorer. I'm not familiar with setting the proper read/write permissions for these types of mods, so you may need to ask in the root/hack forums or check with the developers of the ROMs you are pulling from.

To add to what skrmagnus said, swapping of lib files and other configuration files is a tricky deal. Many times its trial and error and other times it takes modifying then to work properly with the device and OS.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums App.

ROM developer said me to replace those files. When I flash through CWM I get error. So why should I set permissions with file explorers?
    09-28-2013 03:20 PM
    ROM developer said me to replace those files. When I flash through CWM I get error. So why should I set permissions with file explorers?
    Did the ROM Developer package the files for you to flash with CWM? If you are trying to flash with CWM yourself without packaging the files in a signed .zip then you'll get errors and the files won't flash.
    Shahbaz Talpur and Paul627g like this.
    09-28-2013 10:18 PM
    Did the ROM Developer package the files for you to flash with CWM? If you are trying to flash with CWM yourself without packaging the files in a signed .zip then you'll get errors and the files won't flash.
    Yeah, that was mistake.
    09-30-2013 10:16 AM