Help me find an app or a solution here ... !

iBatzman

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
So I'm with a ****ty network, and I don't get service at certain parts of my house. So to deal with this when I'm at home, I put my phone (Samsung Galaxy SIV) in a room in the house where I do get service, and connect it to my tablet (Nexus 7 2012) through MightyText.

But my tablet broke recently, and I need an alternate solution here. I need to get my phone calls and SMS notifications some how to me. I have another phone, an older one - Samsung Galaxy SII X with no sim card or anything. I was wondering if there was a way, or an app of some king, where I could forward all incoming calls and texts from the S IV phone to the S II X phone somehow, maybe even respond (??) and make my life a lot easier.

Any help Android Central? I need some, big time!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you have a landline phone, you could forward your calls to that phone. As far as SMS, you need a cellphone that can connect to the carrier. Can you put your S4 high enough to get a decent signal, and connect it to your computer? If so, there are apps you can use to send and receive SMSs on your computer through the phone, connected by USB or Bluetooth. (That would work for voice calls with some apps too.)

Forwarding to an unregistered phone isn't going to work - a cellphone can't connect to another cellphone (except via Bluetooth, but I don't know of any app that will let you use one phone as a remote for another one).

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
How was the Nexus 7 connected to the phone? Were you on a WiFi network or was it connected directly to the internet through a wireless provider?

If you're on a WiFi network then you may be able to use your old phone like a tablet and install Mighty Text on it. There should be a way to get your phone to work on WiFi and not act like a phone anymore, and I don't see why Mighty Text wouldn't work on it as if it were a tablet.

iBatzman

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
If you have a landline phone, you could forward your calls to that phone. As far as SMS, you need a cellphone that can connect to the carrier. Can you put your S4 high enough to get a decent signal, and connect it to your computer? If so, there are apps you can use to send and receive SMSs on your computer through the phone, connected by USB or Bluetooth. (That would work for voice calls with some apps too.)
I'll probably use that as a last method. But nice idea.

How was the Nexus 7 connected to the phone? Were you on a WiFi network or was it connected directly to the internet through a wireless provider?

If you're on a WiFi network then you may be able to use your old phone like a tablet and install Mighty Text on it. There should be a way to get your phone to work on WiFi and not act like a phone anymore, and I don't see why Mighty Text wouldn't work on it as if it were a tablet.

How so? I have MightyText installed on the second phone, but it is treated as a phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante