New to Android : email app recommendations?

tbkfan

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just packed it in with BlackBerry after 7 years and picked up an S4. The learning curve is certainly steep but I am optimistic and so far hanging in there. I like that everything is so customizable so any hurdle seems to be easily overcome with a readily available app or fix.

I have been told that not many people use the stock messaging app and I am finding out why. Sure doesn't measure up to the simplicity and power of the blackberry hub. What alternatives should I check out?

I also am really not a fan of how sms messages show up in the unified inbox as email messages sent to a phone number and even though I have that number associated with a contact, it still just shows the phone number instead of a name. It also doesn't mark the message as read in the "messaging" app once I have read it in the email app. I can't figure out how to separate the two and just keep sms separate within the messaging app which would seem to be the easiest solution.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I recommend that you go to Google Play and download any free SMS and email apps that look good to you, and try them out. Then use the ones you prefer. Something perfect for one person may be terrible for another, so our recommendations may lead you to a bunch of apps you can't stand.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just packed it in with BlackBerry after 7 years and picked up an S4. The learning curve is certainly steep but I am optimistic and so far hanging in there. I like that everything is so customizable so any hurdle seems to be easily overcome with a readily available app or fix.

I have been told that not many people use the stock messaging app and I am finding out why. Sure doesn't measure up to the simplicity and power of the blackberry hub. What alternatives should I check out?

I also am really not a fan of how sms messages show up in the unified inbox as email messages sent to a phone number and even though I have that number associated with a contact, it still just shows the phone number instead of a name. It also doesn't mark the message as read in the "messaging" app once I have read it in the email app. I can't figure out how to separate the two and just keep sms separate within the messaging app which would seem to be the easiest solution.

Posted via Android Central App
Welcome to the forums!
Play has a few good apps. A lot of people like Chomp SMS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC