General compatibility question with Google Play on tablet

justanotherguy

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello, after the troubles with my last tablet I had it switched (extended warranty came in handy this time) from a Visual Land Prestige 7L to Visual Land Prestige Pro 7D. While downloading the same apps I had on the older one I came across an issue that is where my question came from. I play a fair amount of app games and am fond of the ones from Mobage Games but most of them says 'Your device isn't compatible with this version' which confuses me as this tablet is supposed to be an upgrade, faster and all that. Is there any work around for this or some other way to see why there is a compatibility issue? I know this is the risk with lesser known tablets but budget wise it's also a risk that saves me some $$, so thank you to any help or directions if I'm in the wrong spot.

justanotherguy

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok, learned how to install the programs now I have another question. The tablet came with a LOT of programs that I don't want nor need, Google Magazine, 3 different ebook programs, I just don't need that stuff. Could I uninstall the programs I don't want/need without it messing up the tablet or other programs?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! As long as your device as Android 4.0 or above, you can disable preinstalled apps by going to System Settings/Apps/All, selecting the app, and tapping Disable. This will prevent the app from opening (and therefore free up system RAM for other apps), but it won't completely remove it from storage. The only way to completely remove preinstalled apps is to root the device.

Keep in mind that some preinstalled apps can't be disabled. And also be cautious about which apps you disable, because you might cause problems with other apps. For example, if you disable Download Manager, you won't be able to install apps from Google Play.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, after the troubles with my last tablet I had it switched (extended warranty came in handy this time) from a Visual Land Prestige 7L to Visual Land Prestige Pro 7D. While downloading the same apps I had on the older one I came across an issue that is where my question came from. I play a fair amount of app games and am fond of the ones from Mobage Games but most of them says 'Your device isn't compatible with this version' which confuses me as this tablet is supposed to be an upgrade, faster and all that. Is there any work around for this or some other way to see why there is a compatibility issue? I know this is the risk with lesser known tablets but budget wise it's also a risk that saves me some $$, so thank you to any help or directions if I'm in the wrong spot.

Welcome to the forums!
The compatibility issue at times can also be the wrong word. If the app developer doesn't configure it to work on your device for whatever reason, it will be incompatible. It doesn't mean your device isn't an upgrade, you just found an app that won't work on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01