Im sorry but I am new this this forum and placed a question in a different area and was advised to put the question here..

I had switched my sd micro card in my phone to retrieve pictures from my moms phone. She also had a cricket phone which had a larger mb, sd card that she wasn't using due to her getting a new phone, sd card so I put her sd card she wasn't using from the cricket phone and I put it in my phone and took my original sd card from my phone and put away for now. I went to try to install a app and it said it needed rooted so I goggled for a root app and downloaded it and after it loaded I wasn't really sure what to do with it. But then it let me use that app I wanted to install before rooting so it may of done something to let that app work. After looking thru the internet forums someone said to ES file explore and it shows a bunch of folders that is on the /mnt/sccard-ext and on the /mnt/sdcard .
    What I would like to do is to put my original sd card that came with my LG Optimus Dynamic LG-L38C. When I put that sd carn into my card reader it shows this list of folders .android _secure, audio, brew, diag, download, image, LOST.DIR, other, video
    How do I go about switching out to put the original sd card back in? Is there anyting I need to do before hand? Would I need to turn off the phone and switch out the cards if the phone was rooted? And after putting the original sd card back in, would it be a good idea to do a factory data reset?
    10-04-2013 02:40 AM
    Welcome to Android Central!

You should be able to freely swap out your SD card and put the original back in. Make sure, however, that you properly unmount the card before taking it out. Go to System Settings/Storage, and tap "Unmount SD Card." You will get a notification when it is safe to remove the card. Keep in mind, though, that if any of your apps were saving data directly to this SD card (which is fairly uncommon, except for maybe camera apps), removing the SD card may mean losing some of that data. After removing the card, insert the original SD, and the phone should automatically mount it. No need to do a factory reset.

You can install an app like Root Checker to see if your device is actually rooted or not. Simply rooting the device doesn't do anything in itself--what it does is give you more complete control over the system, allowing you to install custom ROMs (which are essentially customized versions of Android, which might also be higher versions than what is officially available for the device). It also gives you complete control over what can be deleted, which can be very dangerous if you don't know exactly what you're doing, because if you delete an important system app, then you could irreversibly crash your device. In addition, rooting a device typically voids the warranty.
    10-04-2013 02:56 AM
    Thank you for the full detail. I will try the swap when i get home. I forgot to mention that when i put the origanal sd card in the reader and put it in my laptop, i went to open each folder and nothing was in them.
    10-04-2013 07:38 AM
    when i put the origanal sd card in the reader and put it in my laptop, i went to open each folder and nothing was in them.
    Nothing unusual. Not every folder is going to have something in it. For example, there's a tree of folders (folders within folders)
    for the camera to save pictures. If you've never taken a picture there's not a single file in that whole tree.
    B. Diddy and Robert Burns4 like this.
    10-04-2013 11:02 AM
    Right. Whenever you insert an SD card into an Android device, the system immediately creates a few directories like LOST.DIR.
    Robert Burns4 likes this.
    10-04-2013 11:19 AM
    I'm not sure how to say this but sense this whole android thing was new to me. I was thinking that the reason my phone was acting up was because I thought my files to run my phone was kept on the SD Card sense it said before rooting a phone to make sure to back it up. I put the other SD Card that I thought was the original and it did have a few folders named LOST.DIR, Download, android_secure after it was mounted. Now that I'm reading your answers and info from the internet I see that the only thing the SD card will hold are pics, music it looks like. I also pulled up the page that showed the info about my phone on a UTube video and it showed that it comes with a 4GBKingmax SD Card and the one I thought was the original was a 2GB SanDisk SD Card. I installed a app to check to see if my phone was rooted and it said it wasn't. So I have two SD Cards which are a 2GB SanDisk Micro SD Card, and a 4GB Kingmax Classic 4 HC Micro SD Card. Which one should I use? I'm leaning toward the Kingmax sense that's the one that showed that came with my phone. When I did the last Factory Data Reset, and after going to my contact list I clicked on the export from my gmail account and It doubled up my contacts. I believe I need to log into my gmail account and make sure that all the contacts are in order and the just sync my contacts to my phone after doing the factory reset unless I want to take a hour and delete each doubled contact that I have in my list. I wish there was more info about this phone instead of just showing how to dial and number and send a text and so on. I still have questions on what I set the Text Encoding to? I have it on Unicode (UTF-8) for now but I don't even know what that setting is used for. Also when I go to a web page I usually have to use my fingers to pull apart on the screen to make the screen so I can read it but then I have to move the screen from left to right. There are a few settings about "Load Images on Web Pages", "Show overview of newly opened pages", "Default Zoom", "Auto-Fit pages (format web pages to fit the screen)", "Landscape-Only display", "Open new windows behind the current one in background", and then the Enable javascript and Enable plug-ins, are all what I'm not sure which to set each as. I also want to look thru here to see if it shows how to take songs from my music cd's and somehow put some of the songs on my phone which I would hope they would be saved on the SD Card. I might ask this in a separate thread so I don't get to much going in this one. You all have been so much help. Thank you!
    10-06-2013 07:55 AM
    Use the larger capacity card. MicroSD cards are pretty cheap these days, so you could go out and buy an 8 GB or even 16 GB for under $10 in the US.

If all of your contacts are from Gmail, there's no need to export them prior to doing a factory reset, because your Gmail contacts are automatically synced to your Google account in the cloud. You're correct in that if you do a reset and wipe your phone, once you log back into your Google account, your contacts will re-sync.

Just leave the text encoding to Unicode. There's no reason for you to modify it.

If you're concerned about the size of web pages on your browser, experiment with the those settings (I don't remember off the top of my head which one does what). The main ones to test are "Show overview," "Default zoom," and "Auto-fit pages."

To transfer music from your CDs, you need to rip the songs using a media program from your desktop (like Windows Media Player). Then you can transfer those music files to the SD card in several different ways:
    1. Unmount the SD card from your phone (under Settings/Storage, select Unmount SD card), then remove it and insert it into your desktop using a full sized SD card adapter (very cheap to get if you don't have one). Using Windows Explorer, create a folder on the SD card called "Music," and move the music files there. Keep the folder hierarchy of Artist/Album/Song.
    2. Connect the phone using a USB cord and see if you can access the internal storage and SD card as external drives. If so, you can drag and drop using Windows Explorer.
    3. Transfer the files wirelessly using an app like AirDroid.

Here's a guide describing how storage works in Android: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-warnings.html
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    10-06-2013 12:38 PM