Data erase help!! Galaxy Mega 6.3

aflack23

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I need help getting data erased from my Galaxy Mega. I have cleared cache data and browsing history. It does clear but when I start typing in the browser bar it comes up with suggestions of things i've previously typed including web addresses. It is the same when typing texts, emails, etc.. Can someone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is this only in the browser or throughout the phone? If it's only in the browser, and you're using something like Chrome, maybe you've synced your browsing history with the Cloud, so clearing cache and data will do squat as your browser will re-sync from the cloud. But you could still try to clear your 'form data', as that's where that should be.

But if it happens in any text field, then the 'culprit' is most likely your keyboard. Maybe that's been stored in the 'predictions' and it's just trying to save you keystrokes.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it's connected to your Google account and can't be cleared (that I know of). If you use a third-part browser, i.e. Opera, then the previously visited/suggested website history won't show up after you delete the data and clear cache.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It can be cleared, but you have to go to a PC and do it from a Chrome browser. All synced data can also be found at google.com/settings/dashboard There you can manage pretty much everything that's been synced with your Google account.

aflack23

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Is this only in the browser or throughout the phone? If it's only in the browser, and you're using something like Chrome, maybe you've synced your browsing history with the Cloud, so clearing cache and data will do squat as your browser will re-sync from the cloud. But you could still try to clear your 'form data', as that's where that should be.

But if it happens in any text field, then the 'culprit' is most likely your keyboard. Maybe that's been stored in the 'predictions' and it's just trying to save you keystrokes.

Yes it is throughout the phone. It does it when typing anything e.i. texts emails etc.. any way to stop this?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Go into your keyboard settings and unselect the "Predictive Text" mode. But if you'd like to keep that, the next time it appears as a 'suggestion', just long-press on the word or address or number you want the phone to 'forget' and select "Remove and don't predict" (or something like that).