My HTC ONE wont connect to my comcast wireless router

JJ Birr

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
So today i left the iphone world and got a HTC ONE, i like the phone so far but I can not get my phone to connect to my wireless network, I see the network but when i enter the password it tells me the password is incorrect, the password IS correct and I have even changed the password 2 times to try and connect. on the phone it cycles through authentication and connecting three times then it tells me its not the correct password..... I went to a friends house and connected to his in one second. What is going on here?!!?!

pls help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The routers that are supplied by Comcast and other internet providers can be pretty temperamental. Try accessing the router settings using your desktop browser and see if you can modify the router's security settings. It usually works best if it's on WPA2 PSK, but try changing the settings around. You might also have to change "AES" to "TKIP" or vice-versa. You could also temporarily turn the security off to see if security settings in general are the problem.

If you need more help, let us know what brand and model router you're using.

JJ Birr

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
The modem is a Arris but i do not know what exact model it is, i am at work so i can look at it. I have manually added the mac address for the phone to the network and it still does not work. I am not really liking there system and it does not let me change many things. When i go to change security settings it only says "low, medium, or high" I can not change much of anything, it really pisses me off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I just got an Arris modem/router as well. See if this works:

1. On the left column of the router settings, click on Connection, then Wifi.
2. In the Private Wifi Network section, click the Edit button next to your network.
3. You can change the Security Mode there. Try WPA2-PSK (TKIP) or WPA2-PSK (AES). I found that if I actually chose the "recommended" setting of WPA/WPA2-PSK (AES/TKIP), my devices didn't see it..

Teresa Beaudoin

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I just went through this!

Here is the SOLUTION.

Call your internet provider. In my case, it was Xfinity. My modem was set to channel 1 and they had to set it to channel 6 which allows most devices to connect.

As soon as the representative at Xfinity did the change, my phone linked right up. I was so relieved and I hope this helps others out there who are buying new phones.:)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The channel number per se shouldn't matter, but if there are a lot of other networks nearby that are also using the same channel, that can cause interference and slow down your network. So for example, if a lot of your neighbors had routers that were also using Channel 1, that may have been bogging things down for you. Once you switched to Channel 6, your network was in a much less congested bandwidth. See this article for more info: Change Your Wi-Fi Router Channel to Optimize Your Wireless Signal

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech