06-10-2015 01:39 AM
28 12
tools
    Are there any viable alternatives to Tapatalk? Since the most recent update a few days ago nothing in the new app makes any sense. The interface has changed so much it has no flow to it. Every time I go to a forum it puts me at notifications. Overall a ****ty upgrade.

I looked on Google play store for other recommendation but nothing sounded like a replacement

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2 now Free
    10-08-2013 10:17 PM
    Hi
    I want to know about tapatalk after the recent update too.
    I had just decided which one to get for my phone & tablet, but when I went back to Google Play it had it had all changed, plus angry, frustrated reviews. Would love to hear what the guys here are experiencing & doing.

Hope it gets better,
    Helen

Sent from my MID using AC Forums mobile app
    10-10-2013 01:24 PM
    Do you need Tapatalk specifically to read and post to multiple forums, or just for Android Central? If just for here, give the Android Central app a try (the full one, not the Forums one).
    10-10-2013 03:13 PM
    I paid for tapatalk 2 and there is no way I am going to upgrade it to the ****e Tapatalk 4 or the new free version and pay again, and most premium customers are completely pissed off at tapatalk for making the old paid version free. Read the reviews on the play store.

I will use it as it is without updates for as long as possible, they won't get another penny out of me.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    10-10-2013 03:20 PM
    @ B. Diddy
    I want it for multiple forums mainly. But just for this one it would be good too if its easier to see or get to threads i want to follow, notifications etc. Also i cant get into ac itself at the moment. I had to do the 2 step google verification thing, but it didnt work & havent dealt with that yet. And prefer a free one first.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AC Forums mobile app

Edit: just reread yr post.
    So there IS an ac tapatalk app?
    I couldnt get answers on that one. When i check tapatalk in google play the ac app is always there, but it says "installed" because i have both the ac app & the acforums app.
    Also i cant find the link someone gave to the ac tapatalk.
    And my phone is android 2 so i understand tapatalk 4 isnt compatable.
    Please enlighten me, i would love to try it.
    10-11-2013 12:54 AM
    @ dakeb
    Yes i have read the reviews in google play. A lot of angry people. But surely with that sort of response they'd have to fix the problems theyv created (if only from a buisness sense). I would hope so.

10-11-2013 01:12 AM
    @ B.Diddy
    Just got into the ac app. :-)
    And recorded how I did it this time, for the tablet anyway.
    Came through to here from ac app.
    I wonder if it will show.
    Now I need a head space rest and then see if I can find out anything on the ac app tapatalk.

Posted via Android Central App

Lol Yep it shows
    10-11-2013 02:18 AM
    I always thought the AC Forums app was related to Tapatalk somehow, but not sure exactly how. The app description says it's "updated to the Tapatalk 2 back-end" and that it uses the "Tapatalk standard of mobile forum browsing." So I'm not sure if it's using Tapatalk software, or if it's just using the same format.
    10-11-2013 02:56 AM
    Try Tapatalk Classic available from the support forums at tapatalk.com. It's apparently the same as the paid version of Tapatalk 2, only now it's free.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    10-11-2013 03:26 AM
    @ B. Diddy
    Yea i agree, it seems to be related somehow. Now im back in the ac app i mite see if i can ask somewhere or someone. Il search harder to find the link that i saw first. Iv saved a few links from here too, il check those.
    I worked out how to subscribe to threads/posts so il check them too.
    But a tapatalk search is hopeless lol.

10-11-2013 03:28 AM
    @ Mrsmumbles
    Yea i saw that. I was thinking of doing just that too. But each time i go back to google play the tapatalk apps that are available have changed. I went back and couldnt find it, so did a google play search for "tapatalk classic" but it didnt show lol. So il just keep checking out different things until i find something that seems good to try. But i agree that one seemed the one

Edit: just reread yr post and see that u said its avalable from the tappatalk support forums.

I must reread posts before i reply to them!!

Helen
    10-11-2013 03:43 AM
    Are there any viable alternatives to Tapatalk? Since the most recent update a few days ago nothing in the new app makes any sense. The interface has changed so much it has no flow to it. Every time I go to a forum it puts me at notifications. Overall a ****ty upgrade.

I looked on Google play store for other recommendation but nothing sounded like a replacement

Just found some interesting info from the Android Central site itself:

"Andrew Martonik says: Not sure why people think that the name change of Tapatalk HD to Tapatalk Pro is requiring that they re-purchase the app. I've purchased Tapatalk HD previously and can simply install the new re-named "Pro" app without repaying for anything. It has just been renamed, it hasn't been re-listed in the Play Store so that people have to pay again. Posted on Oct 08 2013 | 12:00 am"

Tapatalk now free, HD version renamed 'Pro' with additional features | Android CentralTapatalk now free, HD version renamed 'Pro' with additional features | Android Central

I'l try to do a link at the end of the quote. Tried 2 ways
    10-11-2013 04:45 PM
    Just found some interesting info from the Android Central site itself:

"Andrew Martonik says: Not sure why people think that the name change of Tapatalk HD to Tapatalk Pro is requiring that they re-purchase the app. I've purchased Tapatalk HD previously and can simply install the new re-named "Pro" app without repaying for anything. It has just been renamed, it hasn't been re-listed in the Play Store so that people have to pay again. Posted on Oct 08 2013 | 12:00 am"

Tapatalk now free, HD version renamed 'Pro' with additional features | Android CentralTapatalk now free, HD version renamed 'Pro' with additional features | Android Central

I'l try to do a link at the end of the quote. Tried 2 ways
    Except that the "update" which forced paid users onto an entirely different user interface, and was their new "free" version, was like a completely different app from what we'd had.

At least they had "classic" on their web site but they should not have foisted that "update" to something completely different, after we had paid for something already that we liked!

10-11-2013 04:53 PM
    Yes i can see that now. I just tested my own link (which i found had worked ) and then kept reading on. There has been totally different experiences, which google play shows too. I was hoping everyone had misunderstood and that the dev should hav been clearer, but its clearly more than that with a lot of people.

10-11-2013 05:11 PM
    I have emailed Quord Systems asking why a premium Tapatalk app I paid for is now free to everyone, and why won't they upgrade my paid version to the latest paid version.

I believe their big mistake is making the original paid-for version now free (presumably so they can stop supporting it). This is what is upsetting users who bought it and suppported the development in the early stages. Now we are hung out to dry.

I will let you know how they reply.
    10-14-2013 07:57 AM
    that will be interesting! please do
    10-14-2013 02:53 PM
    I can't even figure out how to quote someone with this version.

10-14-2013 06:03 PM
    I have emailed Quord Systems asking why a premium Tapatalk app I paid for is now free to everyone, and why won't they upgrade my paid version to the latest paid version.

I believe their big mistake is making the original paid-for version now free (presumably so they can stop supporting it). This is what is upsetting users who bought it and suppported the development in the early stages. Now we are hung out to dry.

I will let you know how they reply.
    They won't be supporting Version 2, which is now "Classic", available for redownload from their support forum.

But the free version will be updated, it's sort of Version 4 "lite".

10-14-2013 07:30 PM
    Here's a link to the thread which has a link to the Tapatalk 2, now called Tapatalk Classic.

https://support.tapatalk.com/index.php?threads/20754/

That version should no longer prompt you to update. If you don't like the new UI or whatever, the old one may be easier (it is for me).

10-14-2013 07:51 PM
    I have tapatalk 2 installed and play store always wants me to update to the free one, which I won't do

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
    10-14-2013 07:59 PM
    I went to the forum thread and downloaded the tapatalk classic app. Im happy now. Its back to normal

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2
    10-14-2013 08:58 PM
    I went to the forum thread and downloaded the tapatalk classic app. Im happy now. Its back to normal

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2
    Thats cool I found and downloaded it too but having trouble setting it up. But thats ok I dont really need it, but if I get ac forums and 1 or 2 more set up, I'l play around with it. I was a bit sus why it wasnt available on Google play too. Had to get it from their website forum. But nothing terrible happened lol
    10-15-2013 12:17 PM
    hopefully it wont keep asking you to update it to the new free version like it does with mine. And Quord haven't replied to my email.
    10-15-2013 12:27 PM
    hopefully it wont keep asking you to update it to the new free version like it does with mine. And Quord haven't replied to my email.
    You could use the link to the version that stops prompting to update in my earlier post in this thread.

There is a lot of complaints about the devs not responding to emails, etc. The best way to contact them for answers is to post in the support forums at Tapatalk.com.

Sent from my C5170 via Tapatalk 2
    Nana Helen likes this.
    10-15-2013 02:45 PM
    They said they have done something to stop Google promoting you to pay. Can only hope.
    But I hate it when devs won't reply to emails for help

Sent from my MID using AC Forums mobile app
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-15-2013 03:38 PM
28 12