*HELP NEEDED* Alternate Power-off Option?

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm having some trouble at the moment with my fantastic parents (sarcasm), who force me to suspend my phone, (which is my only internet source), at 7pm each night. However after getting an android phone about a year ago and discovering the Wifi Hotspot feature, this was no longer a problem given that I would just turn that on each night before giving my phone to them and therefore continue to use the internet past 7. Now however it seems they have worked out that I'm doing 'something' with my phone to continue internet usage after 7, however they have no idea what it is, so what they're doing is turning off my phone when I give it to them.

The good news however, is that they really aren't tech-savy at all, so I'm after some simple solution to work around this issue. The ideas I'm needing come along the lines of the following: (My phone is an Xperia Z btw)

---The power menu only has a "Power Off" option, this is what they're using to turn the phone off. Maybe if there was a way to make this option reboot the phone rather than power off, I could then set Tasker to turn on the Wifi Hotspot when the phone turns back on.

---Disable the power button from doing anything? (I would be happy to replace the power button function with a volume button, or even (if the negation of the power button could be temporary and easy to turned on/off), I would be happy to have to connect the phone to a charger in the morning to make the screen light up to be able to unlock it then turn off whatever is used to disable the power button so that I can continue to use it normally throughout the day

---Disable the screen from turning on at all unless some event happens such as the charger is connected for example? (The idea of this would be that when they press the power button to turn my phone off, nothing happens on the screen at all and they think that the phone is already turned off)

---Any other idea you might have. Long story short, I need a way of having my phone turned on after they turn it off or at least a way to trick them or prevent them from turning it off.

A major point to add though is that I REALLY REALLY don't want to root my phone. This will be my last resort option if I really have to, but if you can think of any idea that will solve this problem without rooting, that would be awesome.

Sorry for the 'noob'-sounding post, but I'm desperate for some help on this issue.

Thanks to all of you have read this and are able to offer some advice
-Michael

herecomesmaggi

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Why not scheduling a power on from some app.
Suppose you give ur handset on 7, schedule a power on at 7:30 with boot sound /animation off... With Tasker u can set tethering enabled at boot up.

Slimmer burst here... (m)

herecomesmaggi

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
First of all, you should listen to ur parents...
Here the scheme is :
Download : Power schedule or Power schedule basic from app store.
Configure it to wake up device at 7:30
Download : Screen Dimmer, Configure it to dim screen by 80% at 7:30.
Download : Tasker or other to turn on tethering on restart or at 7:31.

Have happy internet. But then again u should listen to ur parents... :cool:

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Here the scheme is :

Oh, I thought you couldn't wake an android when it's shutdown, but if this app can, then that would be awesome :D
About to try this solution now, fingers crossed it works.. :s

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Here the scheme is :

As far as I can see the Power Schedule app doesn't allow for phone turn on? It only support things like wifi on/off, airplaine mode on/off, and reboot or power off the phone when it's rooted (which I'd really rather not do)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12