I recently lost some photos, video's and voice recordings (.AMR). That I had not backed up yet.
    I am trying everything I can to recover them.
    I am looking for recommended recovery software. I have Android 4.1.1 running on my phone, and I work on a MAC desktop.
    I am willing to pay, as long as there is a trail period, or a $ back guarantee.
    My phone is NOT rooted, and I am not technically savvy enough to want to venture into that realm.
    I have downloaded and tried 3 different ones with free trials and keep running into the same problem, my phone won't mount as a drive to be scanned.
    Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    10-12-2013 10:50 AM
    If your phone won't mount as a drive, your only option is an app that installs and runs in the phone itself, and the ones that work require that your phone be rooted, which is basically just installing 2 apps on the phone. (You can't scan the phone's storage without root access, which is what rooting gives you.) Find someone who can root your phone for you - it's really a trivial process for most phones. (Most one-click root utilities run on Windows, though, so you'll need access to a Windows computer for a few minutes.)
    10-12-2013 11:13 AM
    As Rukbat mentioned, it should be fairly easy to root 4.1. There are several fast root options which mainly consist of installing ADB drivers, then connecting your phone to PC and then running a quick root utility. Then there are several APKs on Google Play you can run to attempt to recover the files.
    10-13-2013 07:17 AM